Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewSite reliability engineering department is responsible for ensuring reliability and maintainability of hardware, software processes, network facilities, controls, and security systems. It is also responsible for effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems.
Site Reliability Engineer - looking for a hands-on Site Reliability Engineer to get involved in exciting technical challenges for overall health [Includes monitor of infrastructure, network and application] , Analysing, troubleshooting, Designing vital services, platforms and infrastructure of push to talk communications solution provided by Motorola solutions while always keeping in mind about reliability, scalability, resilience, security, and performance.
- Engineers will be responsible for helping to support 24x7 uptime and availability of production mission critical connect services distributed across multiple regions. monitor and respond to system notifications and alerts and continually work to optimize and improve the performance, security and reliability of our systems.
- Engineers should be responsible to provide 24/7 oncall support to satisfy the critical services agreed with the customer.
- Monitor application performance take steps to improve overall application performance and stability and follow through with implementation
- Conduct system analysis, configuration management and develops improvements for system software performance, availability and reliability
- Able to troubleshoot complicated, cross platform issues handling OS, Networking, Database in a cloud-based SaaS environment and handle live production incidents, debug/troubleshoot application and infrastructure issues, follow and implement SRE best practices
- Work closely with software engineers and testers to ensure the system is responding properly to no-functional requirements such as performance, security, and availability
- Document your system knowledge as you acquire it over time, create runbooks, and ensure critical system information is readily available to those who need it
- Apply automation and software to any tasks or parts of the system that would benefit from it or are performed manually
- Keep up-to date with security and proactively identify, diagnose, and solve complex security issues
- Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) at Indeed are embedded directly within our business-critical engineering teams, working closely with them to design, code, test, run, and evolve the systems that help people around the world get jobs. We work closely with software developers and system engineers to drive adoption of modern reliability practices like SLOs, error budget policies, actionable alerts, incident retrospectives, chaos testing, and end-to-end ownership.
- Experience as SRE/DevOps Engineer
- Strong project management, ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point, strong relationship building skills & communication skills.
- Support ,align efforts to meet customer and business needs.
- Should have experience with ticketing tools like ServiceDesk,Jira..etc
- Manage customer relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep others up-to-date on project results
- Working closely with our engineering teams to understand their product requirements and how they build/test/deploy their software applications
- Ability to provide advice, best practices and recommendations for the operation and deployment of Microsoft Azure.
- Familiarity with Linux and UNIX systems (e.g. CentOS, RedHat) and command line system administration such as Bash, VIM, SSH.
- Demonstrable experience in Containerization-Docker ,orchestration (Kubernetes) and Microservices.
- Network routing, Load balancing and Networking protocols, a base knowledge of TCP/IP, with an understanding of HTTP and DNS
- Basic programming and scripting skills (preferably bash, shell,perl,python,java etc.,)
- Demonstrated understanding of SRE & Agile methodologies, ITIL methodologies, ITIL v3 or v4 certification
- Azure Devops Certifications.
- Demonstrable experience in CI/CD tools.
- Demonstrable experience Database like SQL,Hadoop,CouchBase,Gridgain..etc
- Hands-on experience in configuration management of server farms (using tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.,).
'We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their lifeline – mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready – in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Position TypeExperiencedReferral Payment PlanYes