Sr. Applications Product Owner (R21041_)
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewCollaborate with various teams; oversee all aspects of projects, monitor and summarize progress. Planning and implementations; generate reports, develop project roadmaps.
- Curate the backlog and work daily with the Scrum teams.
- Lead, collaborate with, and motivate cross-functional teams of user experience designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop, execute, and release cloud-based services in alignment with major program/portfolio and/or product roadmaps.
- Identify, engage, influence, and lead business stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts across programs.
- Work with business and enterprise stakeholders to develop and validate business strategy and lead shaping the vision and customer needs.
- Partner with engineering, sales, program management, and technical services groups to facilitate, define and document relevant customer and businesses processes, gaining an understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area.
- Serve as the voice of the customer within the organization, representing/reinforcing the customers' perspective throughout the product realization cycle.
- Work with the business process owners to develop product, project, and program level metrics to manage and track success, product adoption, and risks to operations.
- Assist with portfolio, program and project level plans related to schedule, scope and resources.
- Starts and finishes tasks with minimal management oversight.
- Maintains a positive attitude throughout typical work-related challenges.
- Interfaces well with individuals outside of engineering.
- Communicates effectively with peers.
- Organizes time and workflow to maximum productivity.
- Demonstrated aptitude in recognizing and solving problems.
- Bachelors, Masters, PhD in computer science, or related field. Business administration degree is a plus.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Experience with implementing software or web development projects using Agile SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects.
Candidate may reside anywhere in the US with access to a major airport for
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.