Senior Java Software Engineer (R22937_Glasgow)
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe Motorola Solutions Glasgow software development centre is a leading developer of public safety mobile workflow solutions for MSI Software Enterprise.
As a key part of this process we are developing CC Responder, a new mobile solution running on Android, iOS and Windows that provides record management, search and command & control capabilities integrating through the Azure Cloud Platform.
The CC Responder Cloud services team are developing a number of microservices to run on the MSI Software Enterprise Azure Cloud Platform that will enable the CC Responder Android, iOS and Windows applications. These microservices are typically written in Java and run in Docker containers, making use of Azure platform services such as Cosmos DB and Azure Service Bus.
Please note: this role can be fully remote within the UK or hybrid between home and office.
Due to the security clearance required you must have lived in the UK for at least the past year and eligible to work in the UK.
You will work as part of the CC Responder Cloud services team developing cloud-based microservices for CC Responder.
Working as a Senior Java Software Engineer in an agile Scrum team you will be involved in:
- Working as a key member in designing the architecture for new CC Responder microservices.
- Working with other teams across Motorola Solutions to integrate CC Responder microservices with other Motorola Solutions software components, creating a richer, more powerful integrated solution.
- Working on the full software development life cycle for the new services - including design, development, testing, and documentation.
- Continuing to support our existing customers, adapting the product to meet their evolving needs.
The Senior Java Software Engineer will have the following skills & experience:
- Significant demonstrated experience with industry best practices, including Agile methodologies, test-driven development, and code reviews.
- Significant experience architecting, designing, and implementing large pieces of reliable, scalable complex software.
- Significant experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other developers.
- Significant Java development experience, producing server-side applications.
- Significant experience as a senior developer.
- Experience developing RESTful APIs.
- Experience developing microservices (using technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes).
- Experience developing and deploying software solutions with Azure cloud.
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
Competitive salary and bonus schemes
Two weeks additional pay per year (holiday bonus)
25 days holiday entitlement + bank holidays
Attractive defined contribution pension scheme
Private medical insurance
Employee stock purchase plan
Flexible working options
Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
Career development support and wide ranging learning opportunities
Employee health and wellbeing support EAP, wellbeing guidance etc
Carbon neutral initiatives/goals
Corporate social responsibility initiatives including support for volunteering days
Well known companies discount scheme
'We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their lifeline - mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready - in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Position TypeExperiencedReferral Payment PlanYes