Senior Systems Safety Engineer- Steer by Wire (2022)
Functional Safety is an exciting and growing field in the automotive industry. Ensuring the safety of electronic control systems and software features is essential for today’s vehicles. Features like Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, leading toward Autonomous Steering, combined with Cyber-Security threats, require solid functional safety argumentation and evidence to support the safety case.
Nexteer is looking for a candidate who can apply the ISO26262 functional safety process to ADAS systems like Steer by Wire systems and Autonomous Steering Systems. The Functional Safety Engineer supports the full lifecycle of the safety process - from concept and requirements through design and analysis to implementation and testing. The ideal candidate has a strong background in embedded systems.
This position will be located in Saginaw, MI. For the right candidate, we offer a generous relocation package.
- Lead Functional Safety activities for advanced technology systems such as Steer by Wire and Autonomous Steering
- Lead and develop system safety processes and work product templates according to ISO26262
- Provide Functional Safety Analysis such as FTA, FMEDA, and DFMEA
- Lead Safety Requirements development activities, including traceability
- Lead development of safety strategies and robust failsafe or fault tolerant architectures
- Review and approve test procedures related to Steer by Wire safety requirements
- Compile safety case and create safety case reports for Steer by Wire and Autonomous Steering
- Engage in Steer by Wire customer meetings representing Functional Safety for Nexteer
- Stay abreast of new advanced technology for Steer by Wire and Autonomous Steering
- 5 or more years of experience in automotive, electronics, safety, embedded software, or mechanical areas
- 2 or more years of experience with ISO26262, IEC 61508 or similar
- Experience with safety analysis such as FTA, FMEDA, FMEA
- Excellent organization and documentation abilities
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with people
- Prior knowledge of Steer by Wire systems
- Experience with Requirements Management
- Background in automotive engineering and chassis systems
- Strong computer skills, especially in spreadsheets and simulation tools
- Knowledge of project management processes and tools
Degree: Bachelor required, Masters preferred
Majors: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Electronics Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call 1-[Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.