System Engineer - MCS (220002FQ_Dallas)
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
Why Multiphase Control Solutions (MCS):
Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Driving are just a few of the trends driving the need for high current multiphase switching power in the Enterprise, Communications and Automotive markets. The Multiphase Control Solutions product line is focused on bringing to market driverless multiphase controllers and Smart Power Stage (driver plus power FETs with integrated sensing) solutions to attach to enterprise computing and other ASICs that require currents from 20A to greater than 1000A. The MCS team actively collaborates with TI’s advanced technology, packaging and research and development teams to deliver the highest power density solutions for the power level. The MCS team is looking for a hands-on, motivated and deeply technical systems engineer to join our team in Dallas in bringing differentiated power solutions to our customers globally.
About the job
At TI, System Engineers work to identify ideal roadmap opportunities for a business and are responsible for defining new products and platforms based on market opportunity. To do this, they leverage strong technical knowledge of our existing portfolio, deep understanding of the technologies, standards and protocols within an industry or end equipment, and an ability to engage with customers and translate their requirements into technical specifications that will solve their problems. Systems engineers also partner closely with marketing and applications engineers, as well as design teams, to ensure our roadmap is both meeting customer and market requirements and is technically optimized and manufacturable at a price and cost point that makes sense for the business.
About the role and team:
- In this role, you will work closely with design, test and marketing to lead TI into a new era of monolithic (LBC10LV, LBC9PLV) based Smart Power Stages.
- The team is a great team because in addition to the depth required in Smart Power Stage development, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our multiphase controller team to collaboratively solve systems challenges and develop products that work seemlessly together to provide higher overall value to our customers.
- The best thing about this role is that these products demand innovation in packaging, silicon technology, circuit IP and test every generation. It is a fast paced, results driven environment that requires broad knowledge, creativity and excellent interpersonal skills on a daily basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field of study
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong understanding of power electronics
- Strong understanding of analog/mixed-signal IC’s and their application
- Experience promoting/marketing ICs and driving design wins by providing system solutions
- Strong customer facing skills
- Familiarity with lab equipment
- System level circuit modeling with EDA tools, SPICE, Matlab
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.