Test Engineer - APP BMS BGM (210007MH_Dallas)
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that drives testing of battery gauge, monitors, and protectors power management devices going into markets with significant growth potential. The ideal candidate would have a background that includes probe and final test development of complex mixed signal circuits.
• Work with design team to understand design specifications
• Generate test plan, create test and char program, design ATE hardware interface boards
• Debug characterizing silicon on ATE, correlate results with bench data
• Analyze silicon results, supporting failure analysis tasks
• Perform statistical analysis of yield fallout, debug and fix yield issues; optimize test time
• Work with production team to release products to volume production
• Test strategy definition and implementation for new battery products
• ATE (Automatic Test Equipment) test hardware and software
• Silicon qualification & characterization including qual program development
• Comprehensive device debugging, design validation and failure analysis
• Drive for robust and cost effective test solutions while being accountable for product quality
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- ATE experience on Teradyne ATE (ETS, iFlex, J750, VLCT), although J750, ETS364, and ETS800 experience is preferred and is a differentiator
- Characterization test program and hardware development experience, Production test program and hardware development experience
- Strong technical knowledge of electronic devices and circuits, and Analog test techniques
- Data analysis skills using Spotfire, dataPower or equivalent tool based on STDF
- Experienced with various lab equipment such as scopes, power supplies, sourcemeters, loads etc.
- Experience with product engineering activities such as yield improvement and test time reduction
- Strong understanding of the IC product development process, from concept to volume production
- Mixed signal test techniques and experience with developing mixed-signal tests on TI roadmap testers
- Experienced with test program and hardware offload to TI offshore manufacturing sites
- Proficiency in programming/scripting in C++, VB, Python, C#
- Labview, Teststand experience
- Revision control tools experience : Subversion, Git
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.