Embedded Software and Applications Manager - BGM (220001PB_Dallas)
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We're committed to building a better future - from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us - change the world, love your job!
About the Group
Battery technologies are fast emerging as the new front line in the sustainable energy revolution - facilitating the decarbonization of industry, transportation, and power generation. Battery Fuel Gauge and Monitoring forms the heart of these earth saving solutions which range from small ones in phones and laptops, to mid-sized ones in power tools, to large ones in Electric vehicles and Energy storage systems.
About the Role
The BGM team is looking for a passionate Software/Firmware Engineering Manager to join the team to be at the forefront of this revolution. This leader will oversee a small team, and be responsible for producing custom embedded Software/Firmware for users of TI's Battery Gauging devices. This embedded Software/Firmware includes gauging algorithms, communication protocols, build/run-time configuration of features, and more!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Strong interest in Battery Gauging technology
- Experience in embedded Software/Firmware development
- Experience leading a talented development team
- Experience producing and maintaining high-quality software that will be in products for years
- Experience following (and defining!) software development processes (e.g. Git workflows, defect management, release processes)
- Experience with build and release automation
- RTOS exposure/experience
- Communications protocols (e.g. SMBus, I2C, UART, SPI)
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.