Connectivity Software Test Engineer (220000H0_Dallas)
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
Come join the Connectivity Software System Test Team and drive the testing of wireless technologies in sub1GHz and 2.4 GHz bands! You will be working with the Zigbee, Thread, CHIP/Matter, IEEE 802.15.4 and DMM protocols and quickly become an expert in how the connected world runs. Our team works with Connectivity’s CC13xx and CC26xx devices and is tasked with testing and enabling the Software Development Kit (SDK) used by customers in the rapidly expanding IoT markets. Bring your capability for testing and learn about wireless protocols.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Become a test expert and identify opportunities for deploying best practices across the entire Connectivity software portfolio
- Partner with Connectivity SW Development, Applications, and Systems engineers to create tests for Product RTM release
- Improve new Wireless SW technology and feature development by defining and deploying test best practices
- Enhance Wireless SW technology quality by identifying gaps and driving improvement in test development
- Define test strategy and implementation for new boards and platforms
- Create and generate test plans designed for various boards and platforms
- Perform comprehensive development and debugging of new tests for new devices and boards
- Drive for robustness, stability, and comprehensive coverage of tests
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering, or related field of study
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in programming/scripting in Python, C
- Revision control tools experience: git
- Experience with Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, Test Link
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with team members across functions
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to take initiative and drive for results
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.