BSS/OSS Test Engineer
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe ESN Test Department is responsible for the Testing of ESN Systems & Services within the ESN Programme. The Test Team is a multi-site team;
The open position could work from either Basingstoke or Rugby and will have some flexibility for home working.
Please note this role commences as a 6 month Fixed Term Contract.
The key responsibilities of the OSS/BSS Test Engineer vary during the lifecycle of the Project. These responsibilities include:
- Developing a clear understanding of the System/s under test and programme personnel, methodologies and requirements.
- Lead the definition of the Test Artefacts for one or more systems e.g. test plan, test scripts and test reports.
- Creation of associated Test scripts and expected results, with a strict requirement focus, ensuring coverage and maintaining traceability.
- Identification and definition of test data requirements whilst working closely with design teams and suppliers to create test data.
- Responsible for gaining approval of test artefacts internally and externally.
- Execution of Test scripts, ensuring accurate and structured logging of “Issues” (defects) and tracking to a defined resolution status.
- Responsible for the recording test results and compilation of Test Completion Reports.
- Responsible for targeted Issue (defect) progression, reporting, triage and tracking.
- Adherence to testing timelines, immediately flagging any potential deviation
- Prepare & distribute regular status reports as required.
- To pro-actively participate within Test workshops and planning sessions; always speaking up with experience based observations on test topics including; automation, environments, test execution, and issue reporting.
- 5+ years of Test Analysis/Technical Test experience, preferably within a Telco or complex embedded systems integration environment.
- A strong understanding of the criticality of customer relationships, delivery focus.
- Experienced in the operation and interaction with modules of the HP ALM (Quality Centre) Test Management tool (ideally @ v11 or above), or experience with an equivalent professional Issue management tool such as Jira.
- A collaborative approach with in-house and external Programme personnel in troubleshooting / reproducing issues.
- Drive to proactively anticipate, manage and monitor issues.
- Ability to provide informal support and training in test processes.
- Apply a strong understanding of industry standards and associated test types and select as appropriate.
- Expertise with Iterative development and associated testing processes.
- Experience with creation of regression/re-testing packs - potentially automated.
- Actively contributing to on-going improvement to internal test processes.
- Enthusiasm to work in global environment with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Proven ability to multitask, work toward, and achieve concurrent project goals and thrive within pressured working situations; potentially with only minimal direct supervision, but always within a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to contribute to in-depth discussion on test processes and complex technical subjects.
- Experience with OSS/BSS Systems (e.g. Provisioning / Billing / Remedy / Netcool, Reporting(Firefly)), and User Device Management (Airwatch).
- Technical capabilities to validate the backend databases (MS-SQL, Datawarehouse, data models, ERDs) and verify logs using basic Unix commands.
- ISTQB Foundation Accreditation.
- Experience in supplier test / quality assurance for OSS and BSS Supplier systems.
- Ability to influence stakeholders to resolve incidents and ensure test objectives are met.
- Experience of Government programs and test assurance process.
- Successful at developing and managing relationships at all level organizational levels.
- Experienced in working to ISO Quality Standards.
- Hands-on experience with Network Analytics Tool.
- Creation and execution of test automation scripts/tools.
- Familiarity within Core Network Nodes and 4G/LTE Technologies.
- Successful at developing and managing relationships with peers (test/design/project) and supervisors.
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching and development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Competitive salary and bonus schemes.
- Two weeks additional pay per year (holiday bonus).
- 25 days holiday entitlement + bank holidays.
- Attractive defined contribution pension scheme.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Life assurance.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Career development support and wide ranging learning opportunities.
- Employee health and wellbeing support EAP, wellbeing guidance etc.
- Carbon neutral initiatives/goals.
- Corporate social responsibility initiatives including support for volunteering days.
- Well known companies discount scheme.
'We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their lifeline - mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready - in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.
Position TypeReferral Payment PlanYes