Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewTo accurately configure networks, Customer and OSS CI’s and parameters as well as Devices to ensure a reliable service across the Airwave network achieved via the use of Incident, Change & Order Delivery Management processes.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Please note, this role is located in either our Rugby or Hemel Hempstead office.
- Ensuring the integrity and alignment of configuration data within the Network and federated CMS.
- Ensure all data applied to the provisioning systems is to agreed quality standards and is submitted within agreed timeframes/SLA’s whilst minimising the risk of service disruption live public safety organisations.
- Provide configuration support to key stakeholders and projects.
- Routine Audit and Validate activities.
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support ta range of technologies to resolve issues.
- Maintaining internal user guides and process documentation to maintain ISO20K status.
The Analyst should be a competent individual with a passion for technology. An analytical mindset will be essential for effective troubleshooting and improving the network’s functions and successful fault management in a logical and methodical manner. Should have a mix of excellent attention to detail and accuracy, high level of IT literacy and the ability to pick up technical jargon quickly.
Knowledge, Technical Skills & Experience required:
- Background in Configuration Control or Technical Data Management and/or HND/HNC in an engineering discipline.
- ITIL processes (Incident, Request and Change management) CMDB.
- Demonstrable experience of using a Service Management tool (Remedy / ServiceNow).
- Good IT skills, intermediate Excel user, with experience of database technologies and experience using G Suite applications.
- Knowledge of Document Control & Configuration management in Engineering or IT environment.
- Organised: Plan for indicated priorities, maintaining work schedules, monitoring progress towards goals, and communicating issues and slippage in a timely manner.
- Ownership: Takes personal responsibility for own work, issues and ensure follow-through on corrective actions. Ability to work under pressure on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Problem Solving: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Communicate Effectively: Good communication skills and be aware of cultural differences.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organisation.
- Team Player: A willing, supportive and helpful attitude along with a calm professional manner, with the ability to set priorities and deal with multiple issues with multiple stakeholders.
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
Competitive salary and bonus schemes
Two weeks additional pay per year (holiday bonus)
25 days holiday entitlement + bank holidays
Attractive defined contribution pension scheme
Employee stock purchase plan
Flexible working options
Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
Career development support and wide ranging learning opportunities
Employee health and wellbeing support EAP, wellbeing guidance etc
Carbon neutral initiatives/goals
Corporate social responsibility initiatives including support for volunteering days
Well known companies discount scheme
‘We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their lifeline – mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready – in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.
Position TypeExperiencedReferral Payment PlanYes