Network Operations Engineer (a1K2K000008U8BuUAK)
Meta is looking for a forward-thinking Network Operations Engineer with advanced technical skills in networking, system, and tooling/automation to join the network operation team to improve operations efficiency and reliability of one of the most dynamic, fast-paced networks in the world. The right candidate will be comfortable in a fast moving organization and enjoy digging into operational problems in order to implement the process enhancement and technical solutions to solve them, and are able to quickly learn and pick up new domain expertise and technologies.Required SkillsNetwork Operations Engineer Responsibilities:
- Be the key Subject Matter Expert on operations of Facebook production networks in a hyper-scale and heterogeneous environment.
- Formulate the right metrics and definitions of success to drive quality, efficiency, cost, and timeliness, and evolve these over time to match changes to the infrastructure and business requirements.
- Develop the operational process improvement plans, and transform the improvements to scalable and automated workflows by writing and reviewing the code to improve the operational efficiency.
- Perform deep dives on complex technical issues across networks, ranging from automated tooling to hardware failures and network issues.
- Anticipate potential operational risks and develop strategies to mitigate/minimize.
- Participate and improve escalation and emergency response with detailed postmortem while addressing issues systematically to prevent future occurrences.
- Build cross-functional relationships with Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, Traffic, Logistics, Program Management, and OEM partners to deliver superb operational results and manage the performance of external vendors.
- Participate in the on call rotation with the global operations team.
- 15% of travel (domestic and international).
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Network operations experience while supporting large-scale network infrastructure.
- Proficient in at least one of the network domains: IP network, optical network or CDN/Edge network, including topology, protocol, hardware and architectures.
- Experience coding in higher-level languages (e.g., Python, C++, Go, etc.) and rapidly learn new languages, technologies, frameworks and APIs.
- Experience in implementing/maintaining the monitoring, alerting and repairing systems for production networks in a DevOps environment.
- Experience working within a global team and collaborating with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with limited supervision.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP and IPv6.
- Knowledge of data driven analysis.
- Experience in providing technical guidance to external vendors.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $140,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]