Supply Chain Logistics Co-Op 2022 (48073)
The objective of the Student Programs at Nexteer Automotive is to select students with high potential and provide them with "real world" work experiences. Work assignments expose students to many of the company’s products, processes and procedures. Assignments are designed to assimilate acquired classroom education with actual hands-on work experience in a technical environment. In addition, Nexteer Automotive gains the opportunity to find new talent to enhance productivity while providing students exposure to full-time career opportunities.
Job Requisition Introductory Paragraph:
This position will allow the Student to assist with management of Nexteer’s North American logistics activity. The Student will be involved in truckload route optimization, changes in transportation modes, and pursuit of freight cost savings. Computer-based programs such as Excel, CargoWiz, various Power BI tools and QAD (MRP) system will be used daily. Post-COVID restrictions, Student may conduct dock audits, review material storage in the plants and participate in visits to carrier/supplier facilities. In this position, the Student will have the opportunity to work with upper-level management and enhance their leadership skills. Student will be asked to complete other miscellaneous tasks as they arise.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in daily management and holiday planning for North American truckload routes
- Re-engineer routes to improve route efficiencies
- Create and re-design routes to achieve cost savings
- Utilize Power BI Inbound Freight tool
- Utilize software (CargoWiz) to optimize routes
- Create and communicate Route Details
- Create and communicate LTL Routing Instructions
- Schedule expedites to support operations
- Track financials, analyze freight spend and identify issues
- Maintain transportation data in QAD (MRP System)
- Communicate with carriers and suppliers
- Audit freight bills
- Various other items
- Candidate must be attending a 4-year university local to Saginaw
- Candidate must be pursuing degree in Supply Chain or Business
- Candidate must be able to work 20-32 hours per week during Fall and Winter semesters
- Up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- Must have cumulative 2.7 GPA on 4.0 scale
- Must be a full-time student (12 or more credits) during Fall and Winter semesters
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- High level of analytical abilities
- Self-starter; independent worker
- Candidate must have right to work in the US and not require current or future sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call 1-[Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.