Senior Software Engineer (Remote) (R23290_Fort_Collins)
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges facing public safety organizations today. The Data and Common Services team builds software solutions that enable other products in the Command Central suite to meet their customer's needs. Our goals are to help public safety professionals easily store and retrieve all the information they need to be able to do their jobs safely and successfully. We work with cutting-edge AI in video, audio and analytics combined with advanced modern search technologies to deliver on our mission.
We are seeking self-motivated, enthusiastic engineers to help us design, develop, test, and deploy tools, applications, and services for our SaaS software products in the Data and Common Services team. Ideal candidates must be good at solving problems, have strong interpersonal skills that will lead technical changes, and seek ways to improve our processes in innovative ways. Someone that will help us make architecture changes, take risks, that will allow us to make our product more sustainable and maintainable so that we can invest our energy in implementing new features that will make us keep our current customers and will also allow us to gain new markets. To be successful in this role you must value teamwork and communication as well as work closely with other engineers in small, dynamic, Agile teams.
This team is responsible for providing the single source of truth of responder location within our application suite. This solution is a cloud-based, highly scalable suite of microservices that captures device location data from a multitude of possible sources and provides the most accurate location for a Responder Unit. We work closely with several applications teams both inside and outside MSI to realize this vision and this solution is always evolving to raise the fidelity of the information we provide and our customers depend on the solution to keep first responders safe in moments that matter.
• This role will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining high-quality code for multi-tenant public safety applications and services using Java/C#, in agile scrum development teams. Ideally, knowledge about complex solutions, cloud infrastructure and devops concepts is a requirement.
• You will work across organizations and collaborate with internal partner teams
• You will be a mentor to junior engineers on the team on their individual career journeys
To be a good fit for our team as a Senior Software Engineer, you should have:
• A demonstrable passion for the craft of software development
• 5+ years of experience building and deploying applications and services with one or more general-purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C#
• Experience developing cloud-based solutions in Azure a plus (other similar enterprise-level systems may be relevant)
• In-depth knowledge and working experience developing both REST-based APIs and queue-based designs and implementing microservice principles and architectures
• Experience scaling high-throughput data pipelines, refactoring architectural bottlenecks as needed
• Comfort with tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, and GitHub
• Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals and software engineering best practices in an Agile environment
• Ability to multi-task with a strong sense of urgency; ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to concisely illustrate architectural and programming concepts in words and diagrams
• Comfortable with working with remote team members
• Established experience leading a team of software engineers to accomplish tasks and deliver working features and services
• Established experience acting as a mentor to junior and senior engineers, listening to their feedback and providing them with guidance and training opportunities
Even Better If You Have
Interest and/or experience in the Public Safety Industry
Passion to collaborate with our wider teams (e.g. product, UX, support) to think strategically about how to solve problems for our users
Knowledge in tools such as GitHub, Visual Studio for building, storing, and reviewing code
We value diversity in our team and we are eager to accept applications for our engineers across all backgrounds and life experiences.
This role can be remote anywhere in the US
The salary range for this role is $100,000 to $115,000.
Bachelors degree with 3+ years of professional experience OR Master's degree with 1+ years of experience
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.