Senior GaN Epi Process Development Engineer (220002WV_Dallas)
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job
The Senior GaN Epi Process Development Engineer is responsible for direct hands-on development of GaN MOCVD Epitaxial processes to support volume production of power electronics products as part of the Analog Technology Development Group. The ideal candidate should have experience and demonstrated technical leadership in the development of GaN MOCVD Epitaxial processes leading to successful products for GaN on Si power application, with scalability to high volume manufacturing.
• Development of robust, low cost, manufacturable GaN MOCVD Epitaxial processes in support of power technology products
• Direct hands-on process development in the fab from conception to qualification and manufacturing release including equipment/process specifications/requirements, stack development, recipe development, characterization, metrology requirements and process control definition, operational and manufacturing specifications/documents, coordination of factory automation setup, and training materials creation for technicians and manufacturing specialists
• Design of experiments and statistical analysis of data
• Direct engagement with material and equipment suppliers
• Keeping up with latest understanding of GaN Epi growth fundamentals and improvements and ensuring competitiveness
• Electrical/device output to process/material input analysis and understanding to drive device performance/reliability and robustness improvements
• Process/material output to equipment/tool Input analysis and understanding to drive manufacturability and robustness improvements
• Work with multiple equipment, process, integration, component, reliability, and test and product engineers to achieve these goals
The person performing this role must be capable to plan effectively, drive schedules, meet critical deadlines on multiple tasks in parallel, lead technical discussions in their area of expertise, and work effectively across organizational boundaries. They must be able to clearly communicate project status and actions. Additionally, they must be able to interface with multiple organizations and work well on a diverse team to accomplish goals.
• Masters or PhD in Physics, Materials Science, EE, ChemE, or Chemistry
• 10+ years of experience working on GaN on Si MOCVD Epitaxial process development in support of power product applications
• Strong hands-on knowledge/understanding of III-V MOCVD Epitaxial growth equipment and impact to process
• Knowledge of GaN HEMT Device physics and Epitaxial growth process impact to device performance and reliability
• Strong knowledge of GaN material characterization and metrology
• Knowledge/understanding of Semiconductor Manufacturing and Processes
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.