Account Manager (2022) (48105)
Sales Account Manager
Due to continued growth, Nexteer Automotive is looking for an experienced account manager who can hit the ground running. We are looking for an individual who is interested in an opportunity for career advancement and has excellent negotiation skills. The ideal candidate will have several years of sales experience with automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). This position requires a candidate who has a high level of energy, commitment, and an extensive automotive network. Technical aptitude or background is beneficial as the candidate will interact with both technical and non-technical customers to sell Nexteer’s highly engineered products. Travel between Saginaw and Detroit should be expected, with a possibility of some international travel.
This position is located in Auburn Hills, MI.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A Sales Professional representing the Nexteer brand to an OEM
- Bring “Voice of Customer” to Nexteer
- Develop, maintain, and strengthen customer relationships across functional groups at the assigned OEM
- Develop and articulate cost breakdowns to customer
- Benchmarks and understands competitive environment
- Negotiates pricing and terms in alignment with Nexteer guidelines
- Manages complete commercial activity for assigned customer/programs
- Manages customer adherence to contractual terms and pricing, leads issue resolution when required
- Facilitates communication cross-functionally
- Understands customers T&C’s, communicates these internally, leads resolution to interpretation or customer updates
- Responsible to work with Legal department to ensure legal soundness of the contractual relationships between Nexteer and OEM
- Pursuit and attainment of customer commitment for targeted new programs
- Find and lead resolution to commercial issues for programs assigned.
- Communicate regularly with Customer Purchasing contacts, including establishing standard cadence of meetings for face-to-face interaction.
- Interact effectively with Global Nexteer team
DEGREE: Bachelor MAJOR: Business or Engineering
- 1 or more year(s) of related sales experience in an automotive manufacturing company (Tier or OEM)
- High level of analytical skills where problems are unusual and complex
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain and develop internal and external business relationships
- Ability to develop a basic technical understanding of Nexteer products and manufacturing processes
- Financial analytical skills developed to the extent that business case analysis is understood, basic calculations are feasible and the ability to confidently articulate internally and to customer exists
- Negotiating and relationship management skills are necessary to get best overall value
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from cross-functional groups of managers, peers, or customers
- Very high level of interpersonal skills – comfortable with both technical and commercial customer interfaces
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule to enable interaction with Customer and internal global organization when required
- High work ethic, results driven, self motivated, ability to positively influence, business minded
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call 1-[Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.