Systems Engineer (R26425_San_Diego)
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewOur Company has an outstanding track record of success and strives to build long term relationships with our customers. Customer satisfaction is given great emphasis and we strive to build a trusted advisor relationship with every customer. The customer team comprises Sales, Project Management, System Engineering and System Technologist personnel working together in a high performance culture, often with demanding cycle times and high customer expectations because we are working on mission critical communication systems.
Many of our systems are designed around the APCO Project 25 communications standard. With the growth of data services some of our customer’s mobile wireless networks are being enhanced with LTE infrastructure for applications such as live mobile video transmission supplementing our traditional core voice and narrowband data networks.
The Systems Engineer will take responsibility for and oversee all technical aspects of assigned project from award until system acceptance. This involves:
- Final Design and implementation of the radio network including infrastructure, subscribers, and mobile backhaul
- Customer presentations
- System staging
- System acceptance testing
- Radio coverage testing and interference mitigation
- Radio system licensing (FCC/Industry Canada/NTIA)
- Preparation of system fleetmap, encryption and radio programming templates
- Complete system documentation
- Live system upgrades Travel is required for all project phases, from design through final acceptance.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience, good understanding, and working knowledge in IP networking, network design methodologies & troubleshooting (Ethernet, TCP/IP, L2/L3, MPLS)
- Certifications through CompTIA Network+, Juniper JNCIA-Junos, Nokia NRS1, CCNA or similar
- Experience directly working with end-user customers is desirable
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to present complex topics to nontechnical audiences.
- Self motivated and able to maintain focus in a pressured environment Preferred Experience: Previous knowledge and experience working with Juniper, Aviat, Cisco, Nokia/Alcatel, Xtreme, Ceragon
- Experience with switching and routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, iBGP, eBGP, M-BGP, MPLS RSVPTE, and LDP)
- Experience/knowledge in line of sight microwave propagation.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of Systems Engineering or Wireless Communications experience OR Master’s Degree and 3+ years of Systems Engineering or Wireless Communications experience Experience/knowledge in radio communication systems, radio propagation, RF, wireless or broadband/LTE
- OR 6+ years of engineering experience
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.