Analog IC Design Engineer- Kilby (220003HM_Dallas)
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job
Kilby Labs is looking for a qualified candidate to develop breakthrough solutions targeting the growing needs of efficient power delivery in computing applications. Kilby represents an advanced product development organization within TI chartered to develop new and innovative IP in collaboration with business units and customers. Kilby engineers must have the ability to approach new and/or existing problems from a different perspective in a way that results in unique, leap-frog technologies that can be incorporated into TI's differentiating product families.
In this role, responsibilities will include:
- Development of highly differentiated analog circuit design techniques for Power Management regulators, controllers or modules
- Competitive benchmarking and tracking latest research in the domain of innovative power management architecture and circuits
- Evaluate intermediate and final results of projects during the design phase and during silicon evaluation, to ensure accomplishment of technical objectives
- Collaborate with Design Verification teams during the pre-PG phase of a project to ensure completion of all technical tasks before PG
- Work with systems engineers, application engineers and marketing to assist in the definition of the product to meet customer needs as well as contributing to roadmap formulation and new concept creation
- Collaborate with validation, product engineering and test engineering teams to enable successful transfer to production
- Interface and lead discussions with the customer and/or TI field sales/field applications teams to understand customer designs, problems and support as required
- Collaborate with Package, Process organizations to enable design into product
- Industry champion/liaison of university research projects in the area of power management
- Actively participate in hiring, developing and evaluating personnel to ensure efficient operation of the organization
- Masters degree in electrical engineering or related field of study
- 3+ years of industry experience in power management domain
- Expertise in mixed signal integrated circuit design relevant to power management
- Strong Knowledge of DC/DC converter architectures
- Proven track record of multiple successful Si design taped out
- Knowledge of Power Converter IC Design Blocks in depth including loss minimization and various control modes
- Knowledge of Buck Converter Design in BCD or CMOS technologies
- Knowledge of Power FET structure and characteristics
- Knowledge of high frequency switching converter Gate Drive Techniques
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.