Thermofluids Engineer (JR6087373_Indianapolis)
Thermofluid Systems Engineer – LibertyWorks
The Thermofluid Systems Engineer is responsible for design and analysis of gas turbine air, oil, fuel, and thermal management systems along with component through whole engine thermal analysis. The role supports the entire product lifecycle from concept generation and evaluation to in-service support.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
To ensure we continue to be pioneers of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 16,500 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of dollars worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialisation, we also offer freedom to cross-specialise and develop skills across a number of different areas.
- Perform detailed fluid flow analyses of gas turbine engine systems, subsystems, and components using 1-D network analysis and Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) analyses in support of fluid flow and heat transfer understanding
- Perform heat transfer analyses of gas turbine engine subsystems and components including engine surface heat rejection and hot surface ignition risk analysis
- Prepare and deliver analysis results in formal and informal design reviews
- Apply systems engineering concepts to define whole engine fluid systems and support resolution of system-level issues. This will include working together with other engineers in Thermofluids, Engine Performance, Controls, Installations, Turbines, Compressors, Combustion, and Power Transmission Systems
- Support engine development testing through analysis or on-site test by planning, monitoring, inspection of instrumented hardware (pre and post-test), data reduction, and model validation
- Contribute to your team by defining and completing technical work packages to meet customer requirements, evaluating technologies, implementing systems engineering approaches, assisting junior engineers, and identifying and/or developing new and better approaches to the thermofluid system processes and guides
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics with 1+ years experience in thermodynamics, gas dynamics, fluid mechanics and/or engine design OR;
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics OR;
- A PhD in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
- Proficiency in computer programming language such as FORTRAN, Visual Basic, and/or C++
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
- Experience in thermodynamics, gas dynamics, fluid mechanics and/or engine design
- Experience in heat transfer/thermals modelling and analysis
- Experience in gas turbine secondary air system, oil system, fuel system or thermal management system design, modeling, and analysis.
- Experience with Thermofluid Systems analysis tools (SPAN, SC03, AMESim, Simscape, Fluent, STAR-CCM+, NPSS)
- Experience with workflow automation (Preliminary System Design and/or Component Design Systems)
- Experience in gas-turbine engine development / production / overhaul test analysis and troubleshooting
Pioneer the next generation of innovation. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its brilliance.
Pioneers of Power
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy [Register to View]
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.
Relocation assistance will be provided if applicable
Close Date: April 18th 2022Job CategoryMechanical SystemsPosting Date04 Apr 2022; 00:04