Configuration Specialist (JR6086578_Indianapolis)
The Rolls-Royce F130 is the Rolls-Royce entry into the competition to replace the engines that power the B-52, the U.S. Air Force’s iconic strategic bomber. As a Configuration Specialist with the program, you will be part of a team responsible for tracking and minimizing program risks, and interfacing between external and internal customers to elicit and validate all stakeholder requirements including business, technical customers and partners. The Assembly & Test IPT configuration specialist will also design, develop and deliver capability to the F130 program for effective engine configuration management. The B-52/F130 program has an Integrated Project Team (IPT) that delivers the internal and external Assembly & Test solutions. This role will require extensive configuration management experience, with a focus on engine management and delivery to meet customer schedules, and collaboration across functional groups. The role will also require support of the following: execution of program Blue Chips, delivery of key engineering & schedule milestones, and meeting all budget targets. Additionally, you will be responsible for performing the role of a program Configuration Specialist when and where needed.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
To ensure we continue to be pioneers of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 16,500 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of pounds worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialization, we also offer freedom to cross-specialize and develop skills across several different areas.
- Identify and utilize the rules, tools and processes to support the efficient execution of Configuration Management for the F130 program.
- Identify and utilize the Teamcenter Configuration and Change Management (CCM) functionality to support the F130 program. This includes management of Investigation Requests/Changes Requests/Change Notices, Product Change Board agendas/minutes, status accounting, metric development along with Part Mastering and Product Mastering functionality and processes.
- Support the program engine Bill of Material (BOM) using the required processes and tools for Configuration Management including EBOM, PBOM and ABOM. This would apply to both Dev engines and Prod engines
- Serve as Configuration Management subject matter expert to drive discipline at the program level.
- Manage planning and execution of the F130 program using the Product Change Board process including management of change objects/notices, agendas/minutes and serving as a quorum member of the change board
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 5 years of experience in engineering including Configuration Management, OR
- Master's Degree in Engineering and 3 years of experience in engineering including Configuration Management, or
- Experience with definition and change management in PLM tools.
- Experience with responsibility for major and complex assignments with long-term business implications.
- In order to be considered for this role you must be a US citizen.
- CMII certified with demonstrated understanding of Configuration Management principles.
- Experience in business transformation and as a business process owner for tool and process developments
- Basic understanding of engineering design, procurement, manufacturing, and assembly.
- Skilled in Teamcenter PLM and change management capabilities including ability to create and comprehend workflows.
- Functional knowledge of Bill of Material (BOM) in relationship to Configuration Management including EBOM, PBOM and ABOM.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills to manage and report on project activities to stakeholders, including ability to influence and implement change.
Pioneer the next generation of innovation. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its brilliance.
Pioneers of Power
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy [Register to View] .
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Close Date: April 12th 2022Job CategoryMechanical SystemsPosting Date29 Mar 2022; 00:03