Performance Engineer (JR6088514_Indianapolis)
The EPPEPE role involves design, simulation and verification of engines/aircraft at whole system level to predict and verify emergent system attributes which arise from the integration of sub-system components.
The role encompasses a wide range of technical activities ranging from development of models from engineering first principles, 1D thermodynamic simulation, empirical modeling, detailed 3D CFD assessment, understanding of certification requirements and physical testing. In addition the role requires integration skills to allow requirements, data and product understanding to be gathered and disseminated across various stake holders (e.g. internal sub-system and component teams, airframers, regulatory authorities and customers). Particularly in the Preliminary and Conceptual design phase, this role focuses on design space exploration utilizing Design of Experiments and Monte Carlo methodologies to aid in the generation of data and product understanding.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
We’re one of the largest global providers of defence aero-engine products and services globally with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Own the definition throughout the product cycle and manage relationships with internal and external customers
- Provide prediction and analysis of product attributes at the whole system/platform level
- Gather, manage, and disseminate requirements across a range of internal and external customers
- Provide data to sub-systems for product design and development
- Define and manage system and product interfaces
- Provide insight and analysis of real world operation and customer usage
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering with 2+ years of Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical or Performance Engineering experience, OR
- Masters degree, OR
- In order to be considered for this role, you must be a US citizen
- Strong technical knowledge in design methodologies with an understanding of multi-discipline engineering concepts such as manufacturing engineering, aerodynamics, thermodynamics, thermal and mechanical analysis
- Experience in object-oriented programming methods or NPSS is preferred as are experience with data analytics tools such as JMP
- Ability to discern and adapt to the varying levels of fidelity required throughout the various stages of projects
Pioneer the next generation of innovation. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its brilliance.
Pioneers of Power
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy [Register to View] .
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Close Date: April 8, 2022Job CategoryMechanical SystemsPosting Date25 Mar 2022; 00:03