Engineer - EfS (MRO) (JR6087124_Indianapolis)
Engineer - EfS (MRO)
LiftSystem MRO Engineering provides support to our customer’s operations via contracts developed by the Services Organization and aftermarket business. MRO (Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul) engineering encompasses a broad spectrum of both unique and recurring tasks or projects, giving the MRO engineer the opportunity to develop a broad skillset as well as specializing in any one area. Engineering support for MRO of Rolls-Royce LiftSystem products often involves supporting the disassembly, cleaning, inspection, repair, and assembly and test of components, modules, and engine assemblies using Rolls-Royce approved data and methods. Customers often need specialized tools and equipment for the MRO of Rolls-Royce products in the form of GSE (Ground Support Equipment).
The MRO engineer will have the opportunity to deliver technical solutions to the Customer in all facets of MRO but will often focus on one area, such as GSE, Component Repair, or Technical Variances. When components, modules, or product assemblies don’t meet approved Rolls-Royce requirements for in-service inspection, the MRO engineer delivers technical solutions to the Customer by defining, developing, and validating a component repair to return components and modules to a serviceable condition, or they may deliver a technical solution in the form of a TV (Technical Variance) which, once approved, allows the Customer to deviate from previously approved data.
LiftSystem customers include internal and external groups, such as repair depots, operational squadrons, and engineering services. MRO engineering support is needed at all phases of the product life cycle from concept through development, production, in-service, and end of life.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and energy customers in 120 countries. Rolls-Royce is a technology leader, employing over 55,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in over 50 countries.
- Provide design support of in-service GSE, including engineering evaluation of field failures and complaints, and provide engineering support to the customer when they make a request in the form of a Technical Query or Technical Variance Request. Technical Variances require both technical justification and substantiation for deviating from approved limits or methods.
- Participate in the procurement of GSE on behalf of the customer, both internal and external, including disposition of concessions and resolving manufacturing issues.
- Working with a range of internal and external stakeholders, define GSE requirements and develop design concepts to satisfy those requirements.
- Create solid geometry CAD models of your design and appropriate design parameters using Unigraphics NX/Teamcenter and perform appropriate analysis of mechanical or electrical designs including fluids, stress, dynamic, dimensional (stack ups), DFMEA, PFMEA, and FMECA, using the appropriate Rolls-Royce tool set including ANSYS.
- Create detail drawings or work with internal or external resources to detail designs to completion, applying all applicable internal and external design standards including geometric tolerances and dimensions per ASME Y14.5M.
- Oversee and approve supplier designs, analysis, and tests when required, and perform virtual and physical, shop (overhaul), and/or field GSE design validations as required.
- Define and validate component repair schemes, working closely with product component designers as well as materials engineering in coordination with internal and external suppliers and supply chain organizations.
- Some travel, <5% may be required to support customers or manufacturing.
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 4+ years of relevant experience, OR
- Master's degree in Engineering with 2+ years of relevant experience, OR
- Experience in interpreting and applying principals of GD&T.
- Experience creating parametric solid models.
- In order to be considered for this role, you must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experience working as part of a multifunctional team
- Experience performing hand calculations to determine the margin of safety against defined operational and environmental loads.
- Experience with requirements document management and product definition systems.
- Experience dealing with flexible requirements and rapidly changing priorities
- Experience with Unigraphics NX.
- Experience with Teamcenter.
- Experience with ANSYS Workbench or ANSYS classic, especially performing static structural analysis
- Experience with component testing to DO-160 requirements and/or Mil-Std-810 requirements
Pioneer the next generation of innovation. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its brilliance.
Pioneers of Power
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here.
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.
Close Date: April 21, 2022Job CategoryEngineering for ServicesPosting Date07 Apr 2022; 00:04