Test Engineer - INT
We can't predict what the future holds, but we know Texas Instruments will have a part in shaping it.
About the job
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that drives testing of transceivers and system basis chips. The ideal candidate would have a background that includes probe and final test hardware design as well as test program development for mixed signal devices.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work with design team to understand design specifications
- Generate test plan, create test and char program, design ATE hardware interface boards
- Debug characterizing silicon on ATE, correlate results with bench data
- Analyze silicon results, supporting failure analysis tasks
- Perform statistical analysis of yield fallout, debug and fix yield issues; optimize test time
- Work with production team to release products to volume production
- Test strategy definition and implementation for new products
- ATE (Automatic Test Equipment) test hardware and software
- Silicon qualification & characterization including qual hardware development
- Comprehensive device debugging, design validation and failure analysis
- Drive for robust and cost-effective test solutions while being accountable for product quality
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field of study
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- ATE experience on Teradyne Eagle, V93K or equivalent analog ATE (iFlex, LTX, VLCT), although Eagle or V93K experience is preferred and is a differentiator
- Characterization test program and hardware development experience, Production test program and hardware development experience
- Strong technical knowledge of electronic devices and circuits, and Analog test techniques
- Data analysis skills using Spotfire, dataPower or equivalent tool based on STDF
- Experienced with various lab equipment such as scopes, power supplies, source meters, loads etc.
- Experience with product engineering activities such as yield improvement and test time reduction
- Strong understanding of the IC product development process, from concept to volume production
- Mixed signal test techniques and experience with developing mixed-signal tests on TI roadmap testers
- Experienced with test program and hardware offload to TI offshore manufacturing sites
- Proficiency in programming/scripting in C++, Python.
- Revision control tools experience: Subversion, Git
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
- Engineer your future. We empower our employees to truly own their career and development. Come collaborate with some of the smartest people in the world to shape the future of electronics.
- We’re different by design. Diverse backgrounds and perspectives are what push innovation forward and what make TI stronger. We value each and every voice, and look forward to hearing yours. [Register to View] style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Meet the people of TI
- Benefits that benefit you. We offer competitive pay and benefits designed to help you and your family live your best life. Your well-being is important to us.
About [Register to View] style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">Texas Instruments
As a global semiconductor company, we design, manufacture, test and sell analog and embedded processing chips to nearly 100,000 customers. Our products enable electronics everywhere and in things you experience every day - from health care, smart homes and connected cars to drones, smart phones and more. Our passion to create a better and more sustainable world by making electronics more affordable through semiconductors drives us to make our technology smaller, more efficient, more reliable and more affordable.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.