Senior Reserves Engineer – Permian (00VHJ)
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
ConocoPhillips and its heritage companies have operated in the Permian Basin for almost 100 years.
The Permian saw significant growth in 2021 with the acquisition of Concho Resources Inc. in January 2021 and the addition of Shell’s Permian acreage in December 2021. At year-end, the company held approximately 1.5 million net acres in the Permian Basin. Net production for the Permian in 2021 was 442 MBOED. ConocoPhillips is committed to being an innovative and environmentally responsible operator, and the new technologies and practices that it is using in this area exemplify that.
Quality of Life Incentives
ConocoPhillips offers additional benefits to support employees living and maintaining a primary residence in the Midland, TX area. For more details visit\: [Register to View]
The Permian Chief RE, reserves engineers and reserves analyst represent reserves compliance group for Permian Business Unit (BU) and will be responsible for maintaining an SEC-compliant proved reserves database and facilitate the tracking of non-proved resources (DRTS). Additionally, the group will be responsible for standardizing workflows and processes as related to resource and reserve forecasting.
The reserves engineer will help coordinate the year-end reserves/resource process and quarterly updates, ensure reserves/resource compliance, monitor and analyze reserve/resource changes, and prepare reconciliation reports for BU Chief RE, senior management and auditors.
You may be eligible for the voluntary hybrid office work (HOW) program that is designed to provide employees with flexibility while maintaining the advantages of in-person engagement.
Your responsibilities may include\:
- Coordinate the annual resource and reserves reporting processes
- Assist with year-end reserves process and quarterly reserve updates. Help QC\:
- Reserves and LRP production forecasts
- LOE, CAPEX, prices and differentials
- Shrink & Yield and plan of development assumptions
- Assist in preparation of non-proved resource evaluations (DRTS)
- Build Spotfire dashboards to facilitate tracking and reconciliation of reserves/resource changes in Mosaic and ValNav. Generate variance reports for senior management, RCAT and third-party auditors
- Assist in developing workflows and processes that drive standardization and ensure consistency in reserves/resource assessment across the Permian asset teams
- Help maintain ValNav reserves database and ensure corporate reserves database (Mosaic) is up to date
- Coordinate the training of Permian technical staff in the resource and reserves tracking processes and associated tracking tools (DRTS, ValNav and Mosaic)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or foreign equivalent
- 5 years of oil and gas experience
- Advanced level of understanding of unconventional production forecasting using Arps DCA
- Advanced level of proficiency using Spotfire
- Given the current focus of the Permian BU development activities, experience in unconventional resource plays is preferred
- Comfortable working with large amounts of data and interfacing with multiple disciplines (GGRE, finance and regulatory).
- Experience in reserves management and economic evaluations
- Basic understanding of advanced production analysis (RTA)
- Working knowledge of systems and software used to administer COP reserves reporting (Mosaic, DRTS, ValNav)
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what is right
- Delivers positive results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of August 18, 2022.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.