Senior Web Developer
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewMotorola Solutions creates innovative, mission-critical communication solutions and services that help public safety and commercial customers build safer cities and thriving communities around the world.We look for the most advanced problems solvers - like you - to help us create technologies that rise to the challenges of our customers. To connect firemen to policemen to emergency responders to nurses to specialists to lives saved. To protect communities, grow businesses and make work safer and more efficient.Motorola Solutions is looking for a self motivated individuals to help drive the next generation public safety experience, and to work with a team of top experienced professionals to enable mission critical services and solutions.
We’re looking for a skilled web developer to join our team of innovative engineers who are consistently raising the bar on creativity and user experiences. As a web developer, you will be responsible for the design, development, testing, and deployment of applications that enable our customers to deliver mission critical software to their fleet of mission critical first responders. The ideal candidate is talented with extensive technical expertise who can work alongside a team and independently.
What you will do:
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Implement automation strategies, effective monitoring, and real-time telemetry
- Deploy and maintain the CI/CD pipelines required for our applications
- Move quickly and intelligently - Iterate on best practices to increase software quality & team velocity
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team
- Have on call responsibilities in rotation with other engineering team members
Additional Qualified Skills:
- Familiarity with modern web application design patterns
- A drive towards automating repetitive tasks (e.g. scripting via Powershell, Bash, Python, etc)
- Experience working within Azure and it’s managed products
- Version control system experience (e.g. Git)
- Experience with CI/CD fundamentals (e.g. Jenkins, TravisCI, Azure Pipelines)
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies through self-learning
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.