Principal Software Engineer
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewWatchGuard Video (http://www.watchguardvideo.com) the leading provider of digital in-car video recording systems and video evidence management software for law enforcement. We are a thriving and growing company looking for a great Engineering leader to lead and grow some of our Engineering teams. This is a full time Engineer role overseeing the growth of our highly productive teams of smart and engaged engineers. We are looking not only for a talented Engineer, we are looking for someone who will contribute to our overall culture.
● Influence and create new designs, software, architecture, and methods for deploying large-scale distributed systems.
● Be a contributing member of the teams that define the technical approach, system and software architecture, and API design of Motorola Solutions next generation in car and wearable law enforcement video devices and the software that supports them.
● Learn and deeply understand the range of Motorola Solutions internal platforms.
● Create a technical approach and a design for new features that span the organization.
● Explore and define gaps between current platform capabilities, and those needed for new features.
● Drive new capabilities and requirements in our platforms to support new product features.
● Work with various engineers and architects within the platforms and products teams to improve our adoption of industry best practices for cloud, on premise, and IoT security.
● Take part in on-call rotations.
● Communicate effectively to others within the organization.
● Ability to mentor others.
● Help define the pipeline and tools necessary to support Full Continuous Delivery.
● Willing to learn and develop skills and knowledge.
● Implements the appropriate level of engineering process, rigor, and cross functional review.
● Starts and finishes tasks with minimal management oversight.
● Maintains a positive attitude throughout typical work-related challenges.
● Interfaces well with individuals outside of engineering.
● A balance between passion and objectivity.
● Experience with .NET Core
● Experience with front end framework (Angular preferred, React, Vue, etc)
● Experience testing service based apis
● Experience with Microsoft Azure
● Experience with Azure Government
● Experience with Azure DevOps
● Experience with Continuous Delivery
● Experience working in an Agile environment
● Experience with Docker
● Experience with git version control
● Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or relevant engineering discipline or 10+ years of experience shipping software
● 8+ years experience in C#
● 5+ years experience with distributed systems, both cloud and on premise
● 3+ years experience with SQL Server
Candidate may reside anywhere in the US with access to a major airport for
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.