R&D Electric Motor Drives Engineer (2022)
R&D Electric Motor Drives Engineer
We are looking for a highly self-motivated individual who is ready to take on a technology development and innovation role. The candidate should possess good attention to detail, be creative, and possess good time management skills. This position is for research and development, including modeling, simulation, analysis and verification, of electric drive systems, and enforcing the technology development process for various technical projects from research through to production implementation. This position allows the candidate to assist in advancing the motor control and power electronics technology roadmap that both supports the existing Nexteer product line and also enables expansion for the next generation products.
- Responsible for analysis, modeling, simulation, and implementation of control algorithms of motor drive system (motor control and power converters) pertaining to various motion control applications.
- Implements control algorithms for various electric machine topologies and power converter commutation/switching techniques for various power electronic converters to achieve efficiency, NVH, EMI targets.
- Coordinating technical projects pertaining to electric drive systems with cross organizational teams.
- Stays abreast of new technology and recent developments/trends in the Research and Academic arena relative to motion control techniques.
- Calibration, testing and validation of motor control and power electronic system requirements as well as diagnosing and correcting deficiencies in designs and prototypes.
- Strong understanding of motor control and power electronics converter control techniques and topologies including:
- Field Oriented Control
- Various PWM techniques (DPWM, CPWM etc)
- Overmodulation techniques
- Experience with developing PM machines and/or Induction machines control algorithms.
- Experience with high voltage dynamometer testing, developing test benches for various debug activities of motor drive systems.
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience dealing with various semi-conductor switches (MOSFET, IGBT, SiC, GaN) is preferred.
- Excellent understanding of electric machine modeling, semiconductor non-idealities, losses and loss modelling.
- Strong computer skills, and knowledge of simulation tools (Matlab/Simulink, PSPICE) is required
- Background in automotive engineering and chassis systems (steering, propulsion) is preferred
- Excellent problem definition and solving techniques
- Knowledge of system synthesis, analysis and verification techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others.
- Good organization and documentation abilities
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
M.S. in Electrical Engineering (required) with emphasis in electric motor drives (motor control and/or power electronics).
PhD in Electrical Engineering (Preferred) with emphasis in electric motor drives (motor control and/or power electronics).
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call 1-[Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.