ECU Functional Test Engineer- Saginaw (2022) (45744)
ECU Functional Test Engineer:
The position involves being a part of the application test team to define, create, and execute software function tests related to customer specific requirements. The position also involves working with a customer application team to define test plans and gather results for a given customer milestone. The candidate should have strong teamwork and communication skills and be comfortable in working within tight timelines.
- Basic understanding of embedded control modules / microcontrollers
- Ability to read and evaluate requirements for the purpose of testability
- Knowledge about basic lab equipment (Oscilloscopes, debuggers, etc)
- Proficient with Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Visio, Project, etc)
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills
- Ability to work within and outside formal processes
- Knowledge about Nexteer processes & product life cycle
- Good knowledge about serial communication, vehicle messaging and diagnostic service implementation, testing
- Experience in formal requirements and traceability to test (i.e. DOORs)
- Experience in automotive serial communication (CAN, CAN FD, FLEXRAY)
- Ability to read and understand embedded software (C and assembly language)
- Understanding of basic electrical circuit design
- Excellent debug / troubleshooting skills
- Support internal and external meetings (with customers) for test plans and test issues root-cause analysis and resolution
- Experience with Vector CANtech products (CANoe, CANalyzer, CANape, configuring Vector based HiL’s, vTest studio (test automation framework)
- Experience with scripting language with Vector products (CAPL)
- Hardware / circuit skills – ability to read and understand basic schematics
- Use of debuggers or in-circuit emulators
- Experience with Matlab / Simulink
Training will be provided on validation methods & processes with emphasis on Serial communication testing.
This position will have advancement opportunities to lead role in Test management based on performance
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call [Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.