Business Student Co-Op (2022)
The objective of the Student Programs at Nexteer Automotive is to select students with high potential and provide them with "real world" work experiences. Work assignments expose students to many of the company’s products, processes and procedures. Assignments are designed to assimilate acquired classroom education with actual hands-on work experience in a technical environment. In addition, Nexteer Automotive gains the opportunity to find new talent to enhance productivity while providing students exposure to full-time career opportunities.
Please note, this position is currently working remotely with the plan to return to the office in the future.
This position allows the selected student to work side-by-side with skilled professionals to assist in the operations of our organization. This role has the potential to expose the student to multiple areas of our organization including engineering, purchasing, marketing, quality, sales, and finance. The student will be assigned tasks and projects based on their education level, current skills, targeted development opportunities in line with current business and project needs.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support core processes, procedures, and documentation to support efficient project execution
- Assist supervisor in any administrative / clerical work as needed
- Timely communication of project status and relevant issues
- Regular contact with others outside the work group
- Coordinate with vendors and internal customers
- Candidate must be attending a local 2-year college or 4-year university local to Auburn Hills
- Candidate must be pursuing a degree in Business, Finance, Communications or Marketing
- Must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA on 4.0 scale
- Must be a full-time student (12 or more credits) during the Fall and Winter semesters
- Candidate must be able to work 20-32 hours during Fall and Winter semesters
- Up to 40 hours in the summer
- Demonstrated attention to detail and documentation
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and coordinate multiple activities
- Demonstrated commitment to a disciplined approach on projects
- Good oral & written skills
- Knowledge / Expertise in the following: Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint
- Prefer Student with (2) Years availability as Co-Op
- Candidate must have right to work in the US and not require current or future sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call 1-[Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.