Electric Power Steering Vehicle Dynamics Engineer- Milford (2022)
We are looking for a candidate who has a passion for vehicles. This position will allow the candidate to get behind the wheel of many vehicles to evaluate and tune the steering characteristics. The candidate will work on all aspects of electric steering systems, including mechanical, electrical, software, diagnostics, safety, etc. The ideal candidate can evaluate and understand the nuances of steering feel and articulate performance metrics with the customer. This is a full-time position based at the GM Milford proving grounds with occasional trips to Saginaw.
- Evaluate and tune vehicle steering characteristics
- Develop calibrations at a system HiL bench and vehicle level
- Understand customer vehicle performance metrics and targets – both objective and subjective
- Understand EPS (Electric Power Steering) controls and tuning parameters necessary to achieve performance targets
- Advance the development of EPS calibrations prior to vehicle prototype through virtual & bench tools.
- Contribute to the development of new steering feel and tuning algorithms
- Diagnose and correct deficiencies in designs and prototypes
- Mentor other engineers in steering feel & handling evaluations
- Effectively integrate all aspects of a design through the use of multi-disciplinary engineering
- Assist in system testing and verification activities
- Assist in maintaining cost controls
- Stay abreast of new technology
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Advanced driving and vehicle evaluation skills
- Strong communication skills and a desire to work with people
- Skilled in problem solving techniques
- Strong organization and documentation abilities
- Knowledge of system synthesis, analysis, and verification techniques
- General competency in all core fields (mechanical, electronics, controls, computer hardware and software) is preferred
- Background in automotive engineering and chassis systems (steering, braking, suspension) is preferred
- Strong computer skills, especially in spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel) and knowledge of simulation tools (e.g. Matlab/Simulink) is preferred
- Knowledge of project management processes and tools is preferred
- Ability to travel to OEM customer locations (Domestic & International)
- This position offers the potential opportunity for a hybrid work arrangement. Please note, arrangements could change based on the company's COVID-19 protocols at the time of hire.
Education: Bachelors - Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call 1-[Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.