Freelance Videographer (2022-32922)
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Suddenlink, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.Responsibilities
News 12 is looking for the right candidate to shoot and edit video for news programs, live coverage, breaking news and other productions and promotions. The Videographer/Editor will work independently or as part of a team to create pictures and sound which accurately and fairly represent the news, recording raw video and audio and turning it into finished product. Will drive news vehicles and/or live-transmission vehicles and operate production and transmission equipment. The person in this role will be accountable for maintaining assigned equipment, including news vehicles, cameras, lights, editors and peripheral gear, initiating repairs when necessary.Qualifications
- Associates degree in Broadcasting or Television Production preferred, Master's degree is a plus.
- Minimum one year of experience in a television field production preferred.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Knowledge in current and emerging newscast technologies.
- Basic knowledge of news operations and practices helpful.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Flexible schedule with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Requirements of this position include demonstration of either full vaccination status against COVID-19 or company-provided weekly COVID-19 testing.