We are currently looking for a Residential Estimator to work in our store in Arnold, MO. We are located at 555 Jeffco Blvd, Arnold, MO 63010.
The Estimator position is responsible for commercial takeoffs for both installed and material projects. This incumbent reviews plans and specifications relative to the schedule and scope of work, and works closely with salespeople to coordinate construction projects and paperwork. Estimators will:
- Read blueprints
- Utilize computer for blueprint takeoffs
- Communicate with professional builders
- Communicate with salesmen
Write scope of works and proposals
Competitive compensation based on experience! Benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision. 3 buckets of time off; Sick pay, PTO, and vacation time. 401k profit sharing- this means that a portion of 84 Lumber's pre-tax profits is contributed to our employees' retirement accounts. And a referral program. Refer an associate to any of our full-time positions and receive up to $1000. Ask your recruiter for a breakdown.Required Skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations; write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, or at least 2 years of specific experience and/or training related to the essential functions of the job; or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Ability to read blueprints and perform material takeoffs/ estimates.
- Computer skills necessary for blueprint takeoffs.
2 years’ experience managing or estimating multifamily jobs or similar projects.