Design Trainee (On-site)
The Design Trainee position is the starting point for entry level Designer or CAD drafters who are interested in starting or keep developing a career in Architectural design with MiTek Sapphire. This is a twelve week paid program with hands on and MiTek University training. At the conclusion of our twelve week training you will:
- Design architectural roof and floor truss placement layouts.
- Design of roof and floor trusses in MiteK software ensuring designs are accurate, optimized, and conforms to the current P&P
- Specify all necessary supplied hardware
- Maintain complete and updated Job Tracking Sheet
- Send approval letter to customers according to P&P procedures when necessary
- Provide sales and customer support when necessary
- Ensure office and plan are maintained in a neat and orderly fashion and all plans are logged properly
Relevant skills that will qualify you for the role are:
- Computer Skills: Word Processing System, Design Software (Autocad or CAD or Revit or Sketchup or Archicad), Internet Software, Database Software
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information to others one-on-one.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
General experience that we take into consideration is:
- General knowledge of construction industry.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural blueprints
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to deal courteously with customers, co-workers, and construction personnel
- Good math skills including, but not limited to architectural units, fractions, geometry, and basic trigonometry.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training.