Facilities Technician - Mechanical: 1st Shift (Day) - Dallas/Richardson/Sherman, TX) (220002Y4_Tom_Bean)
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job
Texas Instruments (TI) is looking for an experienced Facilities Mechanical Technician to join the Worldwide Facilities Team. TI Facilities operates over 150 different utility systems that include chemicals, gasses, variety of electrical systems, water systems, HVAC, waste, vacuum, and controls. These systems are designed to run 24 hours a day, 365 days a year without interruption, creating a state-of-the-art manufacturing environment. Facilities works closely with TI’s manufacturing team to understand how the utility systems impact the process as well as seeking innovative ways on how to reduce consumption.
As a Mechanical Technician, you'll be responsible for day to day system performance, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and documentation on designated mechanical systems in support of semiconductor manufacturing operations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Respond quickly to system alarms and potentially critical situations, perform rapid and accurate situational assessments and troubleshoot system components
- Identify causes of failures, determine appropriate corrective actions, and implement these corrections promptly to mitigate the effects of system upsets
- Drive maintenance efficiency by reviewing recommended maintenance procedures/job plans to ensure best practices are in place and documented properly. Manage corrective & preventive maintenance on mechanical equipment
- Understanding of mechanical systems operations and able to learn system operations and SCADA; some of the associated systems but not limited to HVAC, exhaust, chilled water, hot water, DI water, chilled water, plant vacuum, etc.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and controls system drawings.
- Work with engineers in updating and maintaining SOPs and documentation for their system
- Assist in the development, implementation of cost savings projects and execution of programs targeted to improve quality, reliability and operational effectiveness of systems and services
- Ensure all work complies with TI ESH and applicable codes and standards, including but not limited to work permits, building permits, confined space permits, burn permits, etc.
- Provide onsite technical and call-in support for the 24-hour operations team
- Acquire quotes and enter purchase requisitions for work on their system
- Perform other job-related tasks as required
- High school diploma/GED with 5 years of relevant experience or 3 years of experience with an Associate's Degree.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Facilities Mechanical and Industrial Systems
- Computer/software skills – Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, CMMS
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills, including organizational, time management and priority setting
- Self-starter requiring little direction to identify and solve problems.
- Driver of continuous improvement
- Extensive knowledge of rotating equipment (alignment, rebuilds, etc.)
- Ability to support initiatives around ESH, system reliability, and cost reduction
- Must be team oriented and highly collaborative, possess effective oral and written communication skills, and be extremely reliable and dependable
- Must be able to effectively interface with various engineering disciplines, technicians, contractors, and management
- Ability to create and follow detailed procedures for routine and non-routine work
- Ability to follow facility specified Safety and Reliability processes
- Computer/software skills – Outlook, Excel, Word, SCADA, CMMS, SAP
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.