Facilities Electrical Engineer (2200038X_Tom_Bean)
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
Texas Instruments (TI) is looking for an experienced Facilities Electrical Engineer to join our team. TI Facilities operates over 150 different utility systems that include chemicals, gasses, variety of electrical systems, water systems, HVAC, waste, vacuum, and controls. These systems are designed to run 24 hours a day, 365 days a year without interruption, creating a state of the art manufacturing environment. Facilities works closely with TI’s manufacturing team to understand how the utility systems impact the process as well as seeking innovative ways on how to reduce consumption.
As a Facilities Electrical Engineer at TI, you’ll be directly responsible for the day to day system performance, maintenance, troubleshooting, and engineering, of the electrical systems in support of semiconductor manufacturing operations.
- Project management and engineering design of low voltage (480V) electrical substations, transformers, UPS systems and electrical distribution panels
- Organize and plan design activities, create construction documents or manage external design teams and perform project management in conjunction with other design disciplines
- Ensure projects and systems are compliant with applicable codes such as NEC, cost effective, and meet the desired design criteria while adhering to budget and schedule guidelines
- Develop and maintain all electrical documentation (standard order of operations, standard operation procedures, switching orders, one-line drawings)
- Respond quickly to system alarms and potentially critical situations, perform rapid and accurate situational assessments and troubleshoot system components
- Provide construction administration and management within operating manufacturing facilities
- Provide engineering support for operations & maintenance, system capacity vs demand and assist with system troubleshooting
- Complete projects safely and reliably with zero impact to customer operations
- Successfully interface and coordinate with customer organizations and maintain effective communications
- Quality-focused mindset with intent of driving potential failures to completion by performing root cause analysis (RCA) and Failure Means Effects Analysis (FMEA)
Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
At least 3 years of experience with semiconductor facilities and/or electrical experience in design, sustaining, installing of electrical substations, UPS systems, generators, Automatic Transfer Switches, variable frequency drives, motor control centers, integrated motor starter disconnects, and three phase AC motors
Current and relevant knowledge of low and medium voltage electrical gear and distribution systems and openness to learning high voltage equipment and work requirements
- Self-motivated, flexible, and ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic 24/7 environment
- Commitment to a safe, reliable, and efficient work environment
- Strong analytical skills for assessing problems and developing corrective actions
- Excellent time management and priority-setting skills; ability to effectively advance multiple activities concurrently
- Ability to interface professionally and effectively with all levels of management
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and people skills including leadership and influencing others
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet their multiple deadlines
- Use Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, AutoCAD and similar software to complete various tasks associated with the work above
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.