Facilities Engineer (00VBC)
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
We’re looking for a Facility Engineer to oversee and coordinate the workers who maintain and repair electrical, plumbing, ventilation, refrigeration, and other building systems within our facility. You’ll perform systems evaluations on facilities and determine what installation or repair services need to be performed, manage a budget, and create calculations to ensure operational efficiencies. This role will also oversee the operation and maintenance of two global data centers and their critical systems, such as UPS, diesel generators and CRAC units. This is a great opportunity for someone who’s looking to grow their career and knowledge in facilities engineering, critical systems as well as gain experience with people management!
This is a safety sensitive position.
Your responsibilities may include\:
- Interact with customer base to understand and resolve issues with our facilities
- Schedule work tasks with other facility groups in a team-oriented environment and perform initial evaluations of building systems and balance of work assignments
- Evaluate maintenance team’s performances to ensure quality operations and investigate all accidents caused by equipment failure and prepare relevant reports
- Work with maintenance team and outside contractors to complete required repairs, while managing impact and changes to our infrastructure, to ensure best practices and sustainability of our facilities
- Work with the maintenance team to evaluate needs for all work requests, both scheduled and unscheduled, as well as any special projects that arise
- Coordinate and follow up on preventative maintenance on refrigeration units, plumbing, electrical, overhead doors, and any other mechanical systems
- Coordinate and assist in repairs involving complex electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems
- Read blueprints and plan projects to complete assigned tasks, and coordinate and follow up on incidental carpentry, masonry, and painting and plaster work
- Review and maintain maintenance logs and maintenance budgets and complete all documentation necessary to the completion of a task
- Ensure that all craft working on our facilities complies with all safety procedures and requirements
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- 5 years of experience in industrial electrical / mechanical systems
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to travel 10% of the time on a yearly basis
- 5 years of experience with people management
- 3 years of engineering experience
- 1 years of experience in project management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced proficiency with Johnson Controls Building Automation System, and SAP Workorder System
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft O365 applications\: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams and Word
- Strong analytical skills and proven organizational ability and attention to detail is a must
- Self-starter, proactive, flexible, and deadline-focused
- Delivers positive results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Builds effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of June 27, 2022.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.