Telecommunications Operator (2200046O_South_Portland)
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
Texas Instruments (TI) is currently looking for a Telecommunications Operator responsible for shift operations of the Texas Instruments Incorporated Security Communications Center. The Telecommunications Operator coordinates all calls received for security, police, fire, and medical service and prioritizes said calls as to the nature and level of emergency. The Telecommunications Operator also relays information to respective site security officers on duty and coordinates emergency responses from a centralized location. The Telecommunications Operator supports the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Texas Instruments Worldwide Protective Services.
- Receiving incoming calls and communicating from telephone, two-way radio, and emergency line communications.
- Questions callers to determine the location and seriousness of the emergency or other services, as well as the type of response required.
- Takes appropriate action, such as recording information, providing information, or dispatching an officer, and/or other emergency services, to an emergency scene.
- Effectively coordinates responses to emergencies; handles non-emergency requests and inquiries.
- Reports in a timely manner all issues, concerns, and questions to the supervisor or others, as appropriate, in the chain of command.
- Utilizes various software tools/platforms.
- Knowledge of general Microsoft software and the use of various database software programs.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be willing to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- High School Diploma and/or GED equivalent
- 1 or more year's experience working in an emergency services dispatch, fast-paced, customer service-oriented environment or equivalent preferred.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.