Facilities Water Systems Engineer (210006MP_Richardson)
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
The RFAB Facilities team has an immediate need for a mechanical engineer to support the operation of a state-of-the-art 300MM semiconductor wafer fabrication facility (fab). Specifically, this engineer will be responsible for the chiller & boiler plants, heat recovery system, process cooling water system and natural gas distribution.
- Partner with technicians, operators, suppliers, management and project engineers to support the mechanical systems listed above.
- Partner with the system technician to ensure long equipment life and high operational reliability by maintaining a strong equipment maintenance program.
- Take ownership of these systems by acting as the system engineer.
- Monitor and forecast load on these systems by performing regular capacity vs demand analysis. Identify most reliable and efficient means of system operation as loadings change. Develop plans to accommodate projected demand needs.
- Be available and willing to provide technical support to operators and technicians during and outside of normal business hours.
- Exemplify safety, environmental responsibility and reliability in all aspects of the system engineering role. This includes being a champion for safe work practices, completing safety trainings, job hazard analysis, risk analysis and root cause analysis.
- Develop and review standard operating procedures (SOP’s), sequences of operation (SOO’s), and procedures for non-standard work.
- Analyze systems and identify ways to improve safety, reliability and efficiency. Develop project scopes and funding requests – sell project to management and business partners.
- Support or manage construction or upgrade projects to mechanical systems. Partner with external suppliers to complete work.
- Forecast annual system maintenance costs. Identify opportunities to improve system efficiency and reduce annual operating costs.
- Develop professional relationships with engineers, management, technicians, operators, external suppliers and internal customers.
- Commit to ethical work practices by upholding Texas Instruments values and ambitions
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 3 years of experience in a related engineering field
Specific experience, knowledge and skills (current proficiency is required):
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering with 3-5 years of experience in sustaining mechanical equipment such as chillers, boilers, cooling towers, pumps, valves and instrumentation.
- Exhibit strong mechanical aptitude and a willingness to commit to both office and field-based work.
- Display strong analytical skills for assessing problems and developing corrective actions
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Possess excellent time management and priority setting skills while having the ability to effectively advance multiple activities simultaneously
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Inclusively and collaboratively solve problems with input from all disciplines, teams and stakeholders
- Be able to interface professionally and effectively with all levels of management
- Exhibit strong leadership and influencing ability
- Have the ability to create construction drawings, details, Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), etc.
- Be proficient in use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, AutoCAD, SAP, and internal web-based tools.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.