Advisor Quantitative Modeler (REF9514P)
As a valued contributor to our team, you will apply extensive knowledge of principles, advanced techniques, and theories to conduct theoretical and empirical research with public and proprietary data in all areas of mortgage finance business, including mortgage products and securities, borrower behavior, investment and hedging strategies, residential property valuation, macroeconomic models including housing prices and interest rate, financial valuation of finance assets and derivatives, economic capital, and stress testing.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Enterprise Analytics and Modeling - Quantitative Modeling - Advisor role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Recommend improved methods and techniques to provide innovative, thorough, and practical solutions that support business strategies and initiatives, as well as better ways of conducting or assessing ad hoc quantitative analyses, modeling, or programming using SAS, SQL, R, or Python.
- Utilize advanced data mining and/or statistical techniques to develop analytic insights, sound hypotheses, and informed recommendations. Identify opportunities to apply quantitative methods to improve business performance.
- Counsel teams on company policies and industry-wide modeling practices.
- Inform the team's technical direction for validation or testing strategies and assessment of quality and risk of model methodologies, outputs, and processes and applying understanding of relevant business context to interpret model results, monitor performance, and assess risks.
- Communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely to team leadership and project stakeholders.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 6 years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading model development and implementation for forecasting, working with both modelers and business users
- Demonstrated empirical experience and/or academic training on econometrics or statistics, including data preparation and model estimation
- Ability to evaluate data sources deeply and thoroughly to improve forecast models, and to provide customer support in the areas of model forecast and analytics
- Demonstrated experience in conducting research on model development and performance tracking for various subjects including lose allowance and credit loss forecasting
- Ability to examine mortgage data and model outputs and determine the efficacy of current analytical standards or models and to enhance models to meet business needs
- Demonstrated experience of leading ad hoc analysis for clients on quantitative analysis of credit risk, product valuation, and asset analysis
- Demonstrated experience in leading projects to expand the use of models or develop new models, and provide technical guidance to lower-level modelers
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical results to non-technical audience
- Demonstrated experience in examine mortgage data and model outputs and determine the efficacy of current analytical standards or models
- Ability to review technical requirements and provide prototype code and test results to assist application development team in implementing new/updated models
- Bachelor degree or equivalent; PhD degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, or another related field preferred
- Demonstrated experience in financial services/banking industry; mortgage industry preferred
- Proficient in SAS/R and experience with Python. Knowledge of relational Databases/SQL
- Demonstrated experience in leading research on model development and performance and enhancing models to meet specific analytical needs
- Independently perform ad hoc analysis for clients needing quantitative analysis of credit risk, product valuation, and asset analysis
- Demonstrated experience in leading or playing technical lead in projects to expand the usage of models or develop new models
- Ability to work as a project lead in team environment, establish and maintain relationships within and across divisions
- Experience in AWS preferred
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand
- Focused experience in artificial intelligence (AI), including machine learning and natural language processing (NLP)
- Programming including coding, debugging, and using relevant programming languages
- Experience identifying and selecting strategic options, and identifying resources to meet the defined objectives
- Expertise in using statistical methods, including: developing and testing hypotheses, using experimental design, and running linear and logistic regressions
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
- Experience in the process of analyzing data to identify trends or relationships to inform conclusions about the data
- Skilled in documentation and database reporting for the purposes of analysis, data discovery, and decision-making with the use of relevant software such as Crystal Reports, Excel, or SSRS
- Experience evaluating businesses, projects, budgets, and other financial entities or instruments to determine viability, stability, and performance
- Influencing including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
- Business Insight including advising, designing business models, interpreting customer and market insights, forecasting, benchmarking, etc.
Skilled in Python object-oriented programming
Skilled in Excel
Experience using R
Skilled in SAS