Equipment Manager - Appraisals and Evaluations (R220003641_Milwaukee)
Address:790 N Water Street
Job Family Group:Audit, Risk & Compliance
Conducts independent examinations of commercial customer’s collateral, financial statements, financial records and internal controls to assess credit quality and collateral values that secure loans for an assigned business / group portfolio. Provides insights on the quality of the credit structure and collateral documentation relative to risk strategies, policies and appetite. Schedules and coordinates field exam activities with the borrower. Provides regular reporting which summarizes findings, identifies deficiencies and recommends corrective action plans.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Independently examines Borrower’s books and records; assesses and verifies the quality of accounts receivable, inventory and other assets, in addition to the accuracy of information provided in the loan documentation, aging reports, inventory valuations and balance sheet.
- Verifies policies and standards, as defined by the approved borrowing/monitoring structure, are accurately applied and adhered to.
- Evaluates the Borrower’s accounting process and system controls, data integrity, and managerial control oversight.
- Determines the nature of the collateral and identifies areas of weakness or deterioration; identifies any collateral for which a 3rd party valuation expert should be consulted.
- Establishes the scope of exam and other requirements with Account Managers; schedules and coordinates field work / exam dates and information gathering with the Borrower / prospect.
- Keeps Account Management and stakeholders informed of scheduled exams and apprised of adverse issues identified.
- Documents and reports results of field examination on an individual and summary basis; identifies and recommends action plans for resolving issues.
- Identifies where corrective actions are required (e.g. borrowing base errors, accounting discrepancies, adverse findings with inventory / asset verifications, and unauthorized transactions) and escalates per guidelines; ensures corrective action is taken as necessary.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Employs systems (e.g. customized exception reports, tracking reports etc.) to manage information.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Consults with stakeholders to improve consistency and transparency of risk measurement, metrics and reporting.
- Identifies business needs, designs/develops tools and training programs; may include delivery of training to audiences.
- Supports the development and promotion of an ongoing business/group program.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and service.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accounting designation is preferred, may be required e.g. CPA.
- In-depth knowledge of credit, portfolio management and risk management practices.
- Credit / lending experience.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at [Register to View] .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.