Director, Relationship Manager (R220003980_New_York)
Address:17 State Street
Job Family Group:Capital Mrkts Sales & Service
Provides a market-based suite of fully customizable equity execution algorithms and real-time trade analytics to broker-dealer clients. Offers a full spectrum of integrated capabilities to deliver leading market insight, risk management, and execution services to clients. Seeks opportunities for new business as well as opportunities to grow and strengthen relationships with existing clients through the introduction of new strategies, asset retention strategies, increasing flows, expanding product offerings. Drives continuous service improvements and client satisfaction with an ultimate focus on business retention. Coordinates relationship management activities with Sales, Operations, Marketing, Product Development, Technology and other stakeholders.
- Provides input to product development and marketing to grow the overall business.
- Contributes to growing / elevating the BMO and BMO Capital Market brand with a commitment to and presence in the community.
- Builds positive client relations through deep/comprehensive understanding of client needs and alignment of products/services.
- Identifies and leverages key decision makers and influencers in client / internal organizations.
- Leverages subject matter expertise to enable innovative/creative client solutions.
- Develops and/or facilitates development of client-focused solutions based on financial expertise, organizational, technical, regulatory and environmental client awareness.
- Distills market and internal data to negotiate solutions, terms and conditions with clients / internal counterparts.
- Identifies opportunities for increased efficiency and improved service.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Applies appropriate technical concepts and completes/leads consistent and reliable technical and financial reports/analyses to support client deliverables.
- Monitors and tracks performance to suggest execution improvements.
- Provides feedback on and supports continuous execution improvement opportunities.
- Identifies opportunities to find more cost-effective ways to impact the bottom line and drive profitability.
- Develops and executes proactive, creative, and ongoing contact initiatives to identify and satisfy client needs.
- Develops rapport and instils confidence with clients to earn their trust.
- Builds effective relationships to insure alignment with internal/external stakeholders.
- Participates in industry and prospect events to grow presence in the marketplace.
- Considers risk, internal controls and compliance as part of day-to-day accountabilities and adheres to all compliance, regulatory, and legal guidelines and bank policies and procedures.
- Provides specialized consulting and analytical support.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to manage more than one client / major initiative - In-depth.
- North American equity market structure knowledge to enable the comprehensive servicing of clients and the effective development of new execution solutions - In-depth.
- Familiarity with 3rd party vendor Execution / Order Management Systems (EMS/OMS), electronic trading, execution algorithms, smart order routers, direct market access (DMA), Exchanges, dark pools, venue order types, and transaction cost analysis reporting.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience. Familiarity with FIX protocol, Jira, and Microsoft Excel a plus.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at [Register to View] .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.