Senior Proposal Writer
Who are we? We’re partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That’s the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
We believe in cultivating an environment that breeds opportunity and encourages people to be the best version of themselves. Our team members see work as more than just a job—it’s a career built on passion, grit and ambition. From achieving personal success to lifting others up to do the same, we all rise together. We help people achieve their goals—and then some. Our culture is centered around making an impact. We believe in doing what we love and encouraging others to do the same. Whatever direction you’re headed, you’ll find talented, driven and passionate members of the TEKsystems family creating meaningful work.
At TEKsystems, marketing is about understanding the customer—and building awareness about how our services can satisfy their needs. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and versatile marketer who is hungry and motivated to help us advance our overall marketing efforts thru managing and writing proposals.
You will be an integral part of the proposal team in which you will be responsible for managing all phases of the proposal process in response to commercial and state government requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for information (RFIs), and requests for qualifications (RFQs).
You will also have the opportunity to lead some of the company’s largest, most strategic commercial and government proposal efforts. You will interact with director-level sales partners, senior business development executives, and corporate leaders to help them critical business.
Our ideal candidate has excellent writing and verbal communication skills and at least 3-5 years of proposal experience. They will have managed proposals from beginning to end in previous roles and are familiar with APMP and Shipley’s best practices (and preferably certified within the industry). In addition to partnering with sales and leadership, this role also provides mentorship to other proposal team members and takes initiative on key proposal team projects to enhance our processes.
The Senior Proposal Writer is a highly-regarded position on the team. This candidate must excel at all day-to-day proposal activities, thrive under multiple tight deadlines, and happy to assist more junior members of the team. If you’re a detail-oriented writer with superb time management skills that allow you to produce measurable results while supporting multiple projects, you’re right for this role. Your proactive efforts will be critical to driving the team’s efficiency and excellence.Responsibilities
- Supports all phases of more complex proposal creation including content management (content review and new content creation), process improvement, response design/development, response quality assurance, and proposal delivery
- Conducts RFP analysis and dissection for major efforts. Fully qualifies client requests
- Works with sales and sales leadership to respond to commercial and federal integrator requests and proposals. Helps to develop win themes and aligns proposal responses accordingly
- Support the review process for all outgoing bids. Provide strategic and copy-edit level reviews to ensure that proposals are going out with clear, concise and approved messaging
- May lead a segment of core proposal activities, including content management, graphics management, peer review management, win/loss analysis, by conducting proposal kick-offs, proposal reviews, and copy editing to ensure the development of high-quality responses in a timely manner
- Will support proposal presentation creation, as needed
- Will support other non-proposal projects within the Marketing department
Supervisory or Management Responsibilities:
(List any responsibilities to directly or indirectly manage other individuals within the organization)
- This candidate will be expected to indirectly mentor and coach more junior members of the team
- 3-5 years of professional proposal writing experience required
- Well versed in a variety of proposal concepts, practices, and procedures, including Shipley’s proposal methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to maintain working files and revisions of documents, required
- APMP affiliation preferred
- Industry knowledge of IT Staffing or IT Services preferred
- Working knowledge of proposal software and content management systems, like Qvidian, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required