ServiceNow Lead Software Engineer (REF9768O)
As a valued colleague on our team, you will act as a team lead in the designing, producing, testing, or implementing software, technology, or processes, as well as lead processes for creating and maintaining IT architecture, large scale data stores, and cloud-based systems.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Lead Software Engineering role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Independently determine the needs of the customer while identifying and resolving conflicting or complementary needs across customer groups.
- Applying advanced skill, knowledge and experience, design and develop software solutions to meet customer needs.
- Use a process-driven approach to leading design solutions.
- Implement new software technology and coordinate simultaneous implementation tasks across teams.
- May maintain or oversee the maintenance of existing software.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
MINIMUM SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- 10+ years of hands-on design, development, and code review of Full-Stack Application Development experience, preferably within large enterprise environments
- 3+ years of experience on the ServiceNow platform – specifically mandatory experience with custom app development, Integrated Risk Management, ITSM, Service Catalog, CMDB, IT Asset Management, Automated Testing Framework
- 5+ years of solutions architecture experience designing large scale systems and integrations (data security, infrastructure architecture, performance, encryption, databases, SAN, networking)
- 10+ years of experience with SQL, RDBMS/Oracle concepts and design
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise system integrations (e.g. REST, SOAP, XML, SSO)
- Expertise in service management concepts for networks and related standards such as ITIL practices or SDLC
- Experience in application design, performance tuning and monitoring, and reporting
- Ability to work independently to convert complex technical/business requirements into workable design solution.
- Experienced leading technical and project teams from inception to delivery. Guide team in strategy development to ensure timely, cost-effective, and efficient delivery. Build consensus. Monitor progress and results. Provide findings on significant matters.
- Solid experience with Unix/Linux and/or Windows Server technologies
- Strong ability to learn new technologies and products and become a specialist to guide other Fannie Mae stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid experience working in Agile/Scrum environments, Lean principles
- Adaptable to changing needs and be able to play multiple roles as needed by the organization.
- Must be able to communicate technical solutions to complex problems in a meaningful and easy to understand manner
- Strong technical, interpersonal, program and project management, presentation and high level of engagement and consulting skills with experience at the Director and Officer levels.
- Must coach, mentor, and guide other senior to mid-level members of the team.
- Relationship Management skills including managing and engaging stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship networks, contracting, etc.
- Influencing skills including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
- Problem Solving skills and Ability to frame ideas as systems and analyzing the inputs, outputs, and process
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or cloud experience
- ServiceNow technology – specifically mandatory experience with custom app development, Integrated Risk Management, ITSM, Service Catalog, CMDB, IT Asset Management
- Enterprise Infrastructure experience
- Working knowledge: Jenkins, Urban Code, Docker, Selenium, Cucumber, BDD