Senior Business Analyst - Bank Customer Resiliency (R138592)
As a Senior Business Analyst at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
This analyst will be a core member of the Consumer and Small Business Bank Customer Resiliency (BCR) group managing the credit analytics of the Bank Collections and Recoveries, Credit Bureau Reporting and Bankruptcy. The analyst will be core to understand the credit work for the loss mitigation strategy, build credit analysis, monitoring, and reporting. The role will be responsible to build, evaluate, and manage the key credit metrics and will work with Product, Technology, Operations, and other partner teams to improve the credit performance of the group.
- SME on any credit impact due to upstream and downstream changes e.g. Stimulus program, new product launch, macro economic changes, etc.
- Structured management of the collections and recoveries strategies, planning of credit decisions, management of credit monitoring activities, etc.
- Working closely with colleagues across Capital One including Operations, Marketing and Analytics, Data Scientists, Finance, Risk Management and others to drive improvement in analytical quality, credit results and profitability
- Spotting unidentified risks, ensuring policy adherence and developing infrastructure that supports sound risk management
- Challenging the status quo, while supporting the shaping of the strategic intent for products and marketing efforts
- Supporting step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, and testing hypotheses using rigorous analysis and monitoring
- Analysis: Identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve for them using analysis to make strategic or tactical recommendations
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 1 year of experience in analysis
- Master’s Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- 1+ years of experience in Statistical model building
- 1+ years of experience in market research
- 1+ years of experience in SQL querying
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis
- 1+ years of experience in consulting
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-[Register to View] or via email at [Register to View] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [Register to View] [Register to View] One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).