Senior Business Analyst (0000H8YR_New_York)
At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our New York, New York office.
The Sales Intelligence (SI) Senior Analyst role is based within the US Wholesale COO team. The SI team is responsible for using data and analytics to drive business growth through the generation data insights (identifying new to bank, new to product and other cross-sale opportunities).
In this role you will test business hypotheses and design proof of concepts (PoC) that generate leads using one or more of the following methods: research and investigation of industry trends, interview and solicit ideas from Business SMEs, document and codify requirements, and construct a repeatable analysis whilst promoting clear governance and controls. You would be responsible for the deployment of insights through targeted campaigns and sales governance in partnership with Relationship Managers, Product, and Sales Enablement teams. Engagement with the local and global data teams is key to ensure a coordinated approach and alignment to Group objectives.
You would provide support to management and assists in overall strategy. Will provide business leadership, coaching and mentoring to junior team members, as the need arises in the future.
On a typical day you may:
- Represent US Sales Intelligence function at business forums and relevant data working groups, working with authorities from Business and Functions to reflect business needs.
- Work with US Sales Effectiveness (SE) and Chief Data & Analytics Office (CDAO) teams in delivering analytic products (Data, Reporting, Insights) to RM sales force to drive growth.
- Coordinate the strategy, execution, management and reporting of all MC and LC segments including rollout / maintenance of standard tools, targets, performance tracking, operating models, sales processes, people agenda and governance.
- Design and visualize reporting (Excel, Qlik) through business or product team engagement.
- Manage of large, often cross-functional organization-wide projects or initiatives.
- Work with internal clients and SI analysts to build out proof of concept models to test revenue generating hypothesis.
- Analyze internal and external datasets not stored in existing HSBC systems.
- Coordinate papers/presentations requested by Leadership teams, Global Businesses or Functions and regional/ country partners.
- Support SI leadership in running campaigns/committees/working groups and coordinate with other HSBC stakeholders as required.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organizations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We strive to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfill their hopes and realize their ambitions.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.