Sr. HR Coordinator – School of Medicine
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Sr. HR Coordinator to support the School of Medicine (SOM) located at Uniformed Services University in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to SOM.
Provides administrative and clerical assistance and project support to the School of Medicine (SoM) in handling Human Resource actions. This may include work specific to an area within Human Resources (HR) such as auditing, quality control, and document generation.
NOTE: As per Executive Order 14042, all HJF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation will be required.
- Provides overall administrative support for area and acts as a main point-of-contact for function. Provides varied administrative tasks in assigned area. (5%)
- Creates and coordinates communications, flow charts, and other training tools that supports SoM HR initiatives. This may include: assisting with the development and updating of HR programs and policies, managing HR tools, creating and maintaining HR process documentation, providing drafts, edit and formatted PowerPoint presentations and preparation of meetings materials. (5%)
- Identify areas that need process improvement, streamlining or automation to enhance SoM HR operations and services to Chairs, Administrative Officers, employees and other stakeholders. Develops, and/or reformulates internal administrative guidelines and procedures. Defines and operationalizes improvements to SoM HR processes. (10%)
- Works with Manager/Director with reporting key metrics, trends, analytics and ad hoc reports that help drive visibility, performance, and insights. (10%)
- Leads quality control of SoM HR documentation correcting drafts and preparing documentation that will hold up to audit to decrease the rejection rate from USU CHR increasing throughput and decreasing time to execution of SoM HR actions. (70%)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Proficient in MS Word, Google Docs, Excel. Oracle database a plus; must be customer service oriented and able to handle interruptions; must have the ability to prioritize; excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of employees and management; good organizational skills; detail oriented; good follow up with customers.
Minimum Education: Associate degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: A minimum of 3-5 years of experience is required.
Work Environment: Office environment.
Work Arrangement: Hybrid.
Background/Security: Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Tier I investigation/Public Trust and a Common Access Card (CAC).
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.