Procurement Operations Lead
At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our Buffalo, New York; Depew, New York or Arlington Heights, Illinois office.
The Procurement Operations Manager role is responsible for the management of Accounts Payable & Receivable, and involves understanding and controlling the flow of all invoices and Travel & Entertainment staff expense claims from receipt in the department, through the GSC and payment/settlement to the correct supplier / employee, as well as correct update / postings onto the bank’s accounting/payment systems. Has authority over the end to end Accounts Payable and Operational Procurement function within the country. Required to understand how local regulatory matters may impact local strategy and direction.
- Support the effective management of country Procurement operations to ensure timely and compliant (accordance with bank policy and the relevant local regulatory requirements) processing and payment of all approved invoices and staff Travel & Entertainment claims as well as management of purchase orders.
- Act as agent for change to ensure effective and consistent implementation / application of Group/Regional Procurement strategy and Target Operating Model, including deployment of new operating systems.
- Provide local support to, and deputizes for, the Regional Head of Operations. Support activities designed to motivate the team and third party providers in order to deliver a compliant, efficient, cost effective, timely, high quality service, whilst supporting the management of risks from duplicate, fraudulent or incorrect payments, and avoiding operational losses.
- Support the delivery of timely and effective invoice and T&E processing to ensure that correct accounting entries are passed feeding to the relevant General Ledgers / cost centers. Preventing inappropriate / invalid payments being made resulting in potential operational losses.
- Support the implementation, maintenance and communication of accurate standardized management information. Complete variance analyses to support financial and business management.
- Manage Purchase orders and operational procurement activities.
- Drive PO and buying channel compliance.
- Accountable for issues relating to Business Continuity, Records Retention Management, Information Security, Operational Losses & Near Misses
- Maintain and observe HSBC internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators. Foster a compliance culture and implement Group Compliance Policy by managing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Regional Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources are in place and training is provided, and optimizing relations with regulators
- Make recommendations to support the implementation of process and system enhancements and standardization in order to improve the quality and efficiency of accounting and reporting activities.
- Ensure standardized reporting to enable effective operational management, and timely resolution of risks and issues.
- Identify areas for standardization and migration within local processes. Align processes to consistent Group processes.
- Ensure a continual critical review is maintained to identify areas of higher processing cost, especially those processes that are being influenced by business areas adopting their own non-standard processes for operational procurement related processing.
- Support changes in behavior in order to enable move to standardized lower processing cost processes.
- Ensure assigned accounting, processing, reconciliation and reporting functions are completed timely and in compliance with internal and external policies and procedures. Interpret and communicate relevant corporate policy, accounting standards or reporting requirements and establish process controls to ensure accuracy of financial sub-system and reported information.
- Ensure effective and timely reporting, monitoring and recovery of Operational Losses, including Potential and Near Miss, and timely escalation in line with Group policy.
- Support Regional Head of Operations on local implementation of productivity and risk and quality control initiatives from Group Procurement Target Operating Model
- Drive the spirit of diversity and inclusion through everyday stakeholder engagements, supporting ERG participation and recommending improvements to policy or process that could improve and encourage a diverse business culture and supplier base.