Technology Communications Manager, Infrastructure and Sustainability (a1K2K000008U7DyUAK)
Meta is looking for a Technology Communications Manager to join its Infrastructure and Engineering Communications Team. The team's mission is to highlight the innovation and scale of Meta’s global infrastructure and engineering. This person will support our growing global data center portfolio and ambitious sustainability efforts at the company. Meta designs, builds, and operates the most innovative and efficient data centers in the world. In this role, you will work closely with local teams to develop our economic impact narrative, build relationships with reporters in target markets and find creative ways to share our story. With nearly 20 data center locations, your work will help ensure that we can continue to build the infrastructure that allows billions of people to connect around the world. In this role, you will also help advance our industry-leading renewable energy program and highlight Meta’s global sustainability efforts including our goals to be water positive and reach net zero emissions across our value chain in 2030. The ideal candidate will be flexible, enjoy building relationships with media, and excel at working in a fast-paced environment with many different projects. A strategic, creative and resourceful communicator, able to manage multiple high-level projects simultaneously will do well in this position. They will need to consistently deliver high-quality work under time constraints. Experience working with different personalities across teams is essential. Must be a self-starter with a propensity towards action and have ability to move fast in fluid situations in a cross-functional team environment. Experience in government or understanding of public policy will help.You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve.Required SkillsTechnology Communications Manager, Infrastructure and Sustainability Responsibilities:
- Prepare proactive and reactive messaging in response to a range of issues relating to our data centers and sustainability.
- Navigate and respond nimbly and strategically to media inquiries related to Meta’s data centers and sustainability.
- Help organize press briefings, media tours and events.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and work cross-functionally with multiple partners.
- Interface and consult regularly with cross-functional teams including policy, legal, international communications, economic development, community development, and infrastructure.
- Develop impactful talking points and other written materials for various executives and spokespeople.
- Help team members prepare for media interviews and speeches.
- Work to identify opportunities to increase visibility and impact of Meta’s data centers and sustainability commitments, programs and projects.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, English, or related field
- 8+ years of work experience in communications, journalism or public relations
- Experience working with media to drive coverage
- Experience working with executives and providing communications counsel
- Proven writing skills
- Knowledge of economic impact and sustainability narratives
- Experience working in government, campaigns or public policy
- Experience working at a tech company
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $148,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]