Maintains Company's existing and new product line pricing structures, strategies and tactics to meet changing environment, customer preference and revenue targets
Ensures prices and programs comply with Company pricing strategy and constantly monitor profitability and key drivers to improve results; Where required, develops analytical processes and evaluates pricing data on a daily basis
Implements pricing processes for modeling, volume forecasting and measurement to identify key performance indicators
Maintains tools and models, where required, that would allow testing of price elasticity
Works with Research and Risk management to ensure profitability goals, customer needs and that credit decisions optimize risk/rewards
Supports the product management budget for specific products to ensure objectives can be achieved within budget and meets or exceeds profit and loss goals
Communicates changes in expenses and works to manage them to meet revenue goals
Evaluates the presence and relative importance of key product deliverables
Participates in developing annual business and expense plans for each product and monitors results adjusting the plan to meet the changing environment and budget targets as necessary
Collaborates with Risk Management and other key business partners to identify and maximize profitability via management of risk levels and ensure risks are mitigated
Builds strong relationships with key business partners. Ensures ongoing successful communication of the direction of the product life cycle.
Acts as integrator/liaison between distribution channels, enterprise and marketing department influencing and negotiating options to enable the achievement of successful and profitable product enhancement and design
Coordinates conversion efforts of products, services, programs and offers of acquired company into overall Company product offerings
May lead projects involving necessary key business partners and personnel from acquired company, ensuring smooth transition
Participates in training design with the training department and others to educate appropriate staff on re-engineered or new products to support effective introductions of new initiatives; May prepare informational materials as necessary.
Ensures all products are in compliance and meet all regulatory requirements
• Take ownership of a product/ set of products (e.g., payment terminals, gateways) and, working with business and technology partners, build out and manage initiatives that ensure business outcomes are achieved.
• Monitor industry trends to keep abreast of industry trends, competitive landscape and best practices.
• Understand and clarify the real customer pain points and, define optimal solutions that are viable and sustainable.
• Collaborate with stakeholders such as Sales, Technology, Compliance, Customer Service to ensure the product offering delivers on the value proposition promised to the customer including crafting and updating product specific collateral used for sales support or customer facing properties.
• Build and communicate to internal stakeholders, product specific roadmaps and timelines.
• Develop go to market plans for new product launches and product enhancements.
• Maintain and create comprehensive product documentation to support communication with sales as well as for audits and regulatory compliance.
Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
The Product Manager I is responsible for the continuous improvement and end to end management of assigned Company products, services and programs including features, benefits and characteristics that meet customer needs and are priced to meet the Company profit and loss objectives.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at [Register to View]
. Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Bachelors degree or progressive work experience in addition to experience below
5+ years related experience required
Travel may be required
Experience in product design in a financial/banking environment
Strong communication, problem-solving and decision making skills with ability to effectively communicate with senior managers
Ability to build strong collaborative business relationships
Ability to negotiate and apply skills to exercise influence over others decisions without express authority and influence change
Demonstrated experience in project management and building project plans and presentations
Solid understanding of product pricing and financial concepts
Ability to think both tactically and strategically
• 3+ years experience with relevant payment products and, specific experience in merchant acquiring. Preferably at a Bank or a Processor.
• Product management experience is preferred.
• Strong analytical skills – problem solving with a focus on recommending solutions.
• Communication skills – both verbal and written.
• Partnership and influencing skills – to drive cross functional initiatives