Senior Process Consultant (0000HCEQ_Depew)
At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our Depew, New York, Buffalo, New York, New York City, New York or Arlington Heights, Illinois office.
The Consulting Services team sits at the center of HSBC’s growth, digital, and customer agenda and looking for an experienced Senior Business Consultant to join our team. We support our transformational leaders to design experiences that count, with customers at the heart. We work for – and across – the US Executive Committee to improve the outcomes for our customers and shareholders.
We are the pioneers which the US Executive Committee enlist to resolve HSBC’s most complex, future-looking, strategic challenges. Because of this, it is impossible to figure out projects will arise, however previous projects have included launching a new proposition for small business, designing commercial opportunities for partnerships with global tech companies, re-engineering our most high-priority processes, designing operating models and designing the future of our branches.
Key responsibilities include:
- Process re-engineering: Assesses the bank’s current processes and designing effective and creative solutions to transform the way HSBC does business. Successful business consultants will bring a customer obsession and shape the processes of the bank to fit their ever-evolving needs.
- Problem solving and critical thinking: Brings structure and order to undefined and large scale problems in a systematic and creative way to solve them. Including evaluating costs, benefits and obstacles, and promoting innovative thinking.
- Operating model analysis and design: Translates complex business visions into high level target operating models that are appropriate and tailored to the requirements. Translates gap analysis into a flexible roadmap. Acts as a design lead working collaboratively with stakeholders, including challenging business intent.
- Innovation and idea management: Takes initiative researching innovations in external market and promotes innovation leading implementation of new ideas. Experiments with alternative ways of working and assesses impact and value.
- Take ownership, for the delivery of project deliverables including monitoring progress to ensure alignment with desired outcomes, anticipating risks and issues including mitigating actions and identifying needs and providing support for work streams.
- Drives commercial innovation: Identifies and evaluates business development initiatives that drive commercial success including exploring the external marketplace. Engages with stakeholders to find opportunities for Consulting Services involvement and actively challenges them on insights from industry and other areas of HSBC.
- Be a partner working with the stakeholders