Executive Assistant (877231800A0)
Job Location: New York, NY (Hybrid - M T W in office)
Role Value Proposition:
This position will be a key supporting member of the Annuities business of MetLife’s Retirement Income Solutions (RIS). The RIS business, one of the largest U.S. segments in MetLife, has a wide variety of risk solutions, investment and annuity-type products, including US Pensions, Structured Settlements and institutional income annuities which make up the Annuities business.
The RIS Annuities Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Senior Vice President of RIS Annuities and all the Annuities business and functional leaders. This position requires excellent judgement, attention to detail, flexibility, the ability to prioritize workload in a complex, fast-moving environment, and a high degree of collaboration with peers, stakeholders, external clients and vendors. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written. Expected to maintain confidentiality and exhibit a high level of discretion and professionalism.
- Calendar management; coordinating and scheduling internal and external meetings, managing meeting time conflicts for senior vice president and direct reports
- Meeting support (i.e., meeting materials, monitoring attendance, ensuring setup of meeting technology and meeting space, meeting minutes when needed, etc.)
- Arrange business travel for senior vice president and direct reports - including airlines, hotels, and transportation - and take initiative to collect travel receipts and submit expense reimbursement requests promptly.
- Communicating and interacting internally with all levels within the organization and partnerships across line of business
- Producing information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, copying text, data, and graphics, etc. in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Conserving executive's time by researching matters, handling communications, collecting and analyzing information
- Researching, prioritizing, and following up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the senior vice president
- Serving as a resource for organizational chart updates, basic company policies and procedures
- Upholding a strict level of confidentiality
- Guest hospitality when needed
- Proactively find solutions to issues with an ownership mindset.
- Assisting with department projects and project management as needed, using judgment to make decisions, within the scope of responsibilities and other work-related duties as assigned.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree or at least 8 years of administrative experience
- Prefer previous insurance company or financial services company experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization, time management, and multi-tasking skills required.
- Ability to execute with urgency and agility.
- Strong record of success collaborating with diverse personalities.
- Positive, proactive, and able to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Must be independent, self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and possess the ability to work under pressure, manage priorities, handle multiple tasks with frequent tight deadlines and work well in team environments.
- Strong computer skills, and highly proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) SharePoint and One drive; ability to troubleshoot basic software issues and learn new systems quickly.
- High degree of initiative and the capacity to anticipate the needs of professionals.
- Demonstrate judgement in prioritizing meetings and managing calendar effectively by gaining knowledge of business priorities.
- Detail-oriented work focus with a commitment to accuracy and quality balanced with timeliness.
- Every day will be unique as you will be working with multiple stakeholders, facing new challenges, and figuring out solutions in support of the team.
Hybrid role - in NY office MTW
Number of Openings
"At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.